Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    Well, peope tend to have their likes/dislikes regardless of what they are good at. The amount of time that guy spends training, I assure you he has practiced rg, and he is most certainly the body type/flexibility I would expect to be good at it.

Maybe he just feels he has some other things that play much better to his game, and its not so much he doesnt feel rg is any good, but just not the best for him?
    If anyone including Ryan spent the time to "master" the rg, they definitely wouldn't have anything negative to say about it. Vinny M, George Sots, Aoki, Hazelett are all bjj black belts that have taken the time to master the rg and are you only hear them say positive things about it
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    ^Hit it on the head, plus he has been using alot of of 10thp transitions and positions. So who knows? Maybe? I used to talk and train with him. Then he started acting weird, maybe it was after I asked about him doing any 10th planet. I asked because I saw Einstein leave him a message to walk his ass over. So I figured he was cool with 10th Planet, maybe I was wrong....

Array

School
    Great falls Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    It is just easy to diss something instead of praise it because it puts you in the spot light. People like attention...

Array

School
    Rōnin
    is there any top MMA guys using the Rubber guard?

Peoples opinions change.

When Ryan was a purple belt he had a DVD out with Lloyd Irvin called "The Grappling Game Plan." In that DVD he actually included RG and some other techniques used widely in the 10th Planet JJ system into his competition game plan. He also mentioned Eddie by name.

Ryan Hall seems like a really open minded guy and he is obviously a super progressive Jiu Jitsu player. I'm a huge Ryan Hall fan and bet he could kill with Rubber Guard. Ryan is good at everything on the mat.

Here is a cool Gogo Plata that Ryan hits in competition...off Flying Kung Fu, from a failed Capoeira Pass. Or maybe he even set that up on purpose. Hmm...

Array

School
    Great falls Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    is there any top MMA guys using the Rubber guard?
    What you need to ask yourself is "are there any top MMA guys that have MASTERED the Rubber Guard." 10th planet is still, in terms of martial arts, a VERY YOUNG system. I imagine that it will be a few more years before people have it mastered enough to employ it in the top level mma matches. I have already seen it a few times by "top level" guys, which I assume refers to the professional level. Nino Schimbre, Jason Day, Shinya Aoki, these are all professional and well known fighters that have used it in mma bouts.

I think that the system as a whole is too young to gauge whether or not it will be the standard or not in the cage. 10th planet is just part of a bigger system of jiu jitsu. It is not the end all be all. Everything has a place and figuring out when to use the tools you have is half the battle.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha/ SIMS Martial Arts Academy
    I wanna throw out this idea of a Ryan Hall vs Denny Prokopos superfight?????

what would you all think of that???

Array

School
    Rōnin
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Stewart View Post

that would be cool to watch because usually they both pull guard and i dont know how that fight would go.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    If anyone including Ryan spent the time to "master" the rg, they definitely wouldn't have anything negative to say about it. Vinny M, George Sots, Aoki, Hazelett are all bjj black belts that have taken the time to master the rg and are you only hear them say positive things about it
    Well, the thing is, I never heard of anyone mastering *anything* and then talking poorly about it. My thoughts were that he trained it, saw some things he did/didnt like, and just thought he didnt think it would complement what he does. As also folks have stated, he has other motives as well (competing dvds) to say things, when folks have seen him use rg at the same time.

So though I dont have any idea what he says what he does, I dont think his level of personal competence was the motivation one way or the other.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Stewart View Post

That would be amazing! 2 of the most promising young black belts in the game
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast