Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox
    Mastering the rubber guard!

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    ADCC 2003 I saw Eddie Put Royler away and wanted to know more. I bought his Twister DVD and just loved everything about Eddie and his attitude towards the game. That was in 2005............How Time flies. It will be 6th year in the system with Eddie and I am so grateful for everything he has done for me and our incredible 10th Planet JJ Family. One of my greatest achievements is representing such an amazing fighting system. I have made 8 trips to HQ since 2006 and the journey continues............what a wild ride

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I've always loved no gi over gi. But I lost interest over time. I knew about 10th planet, but I thought 10th planet was all about rubber guards and twisters for a while so I wasn't interested. Then one day I started rabbit holing on youtube and I stumbled on a video of Eddie going over the truck series. Mind blown. I'm like, whoa! You can do all that? Started watching more and more videos. I was sold. Then I saw that we have a 10th planet affiliate in my city. Took me a while to get my schedule change. But I jumped and here I am. Still trying to balance my time management, but I'm here and it's a good first step. And I'm lucky to have a great teacher on top of everything.

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    used to fight alot at metal shows a buddy at one was a ufc and pride fan from like day one he got me to train and he turned me on to 10th planet first position and finish was arm crush from spiderweb. we went seperate ways and and train not to long ago and the guy who got me into 10th planet is a hater now. lol

Array

School
    Kankakee Jiu Jitsu Club
    Heard Eddie on UFC broadcast + YouTube! Now I'm a owner of all his books and pro member of this site! Now I'm a 10th planet Ronin! " that's how 10 do!"

Array

School
    Hitchcock Martial Arts
    Started training for mma in 2009 and i was the middle man in my group. All my partners were 135 or 145 except one. He was a 205 guy and was about 170 so we always ending up rolling together. He would tear through my guard cause he was so much bigger than me and i was complaining to a friend he tossed a mastering the rubber guard book to me and said you might like this. I started just using the lockdown and that was about as far as i got into it at first but in july 11 i picked up the book out of my closet and started reading it again and i realized i was only using a fraction of the information in the book. I didn't even know the sweeps from lockdown i was simply using it to control base so i didn't get submitted or smashed by guys bigger than me now im diving into everything i can find 10th planet. Went to my first seminar in Nov. at St Louis.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    Ive always loved MMA. I got both UFC 1 & 2 on VHS the original ones when I was a youngin youngin. Growing up I hated the mma wannabe fans you know the fat guys in the tapout shirts and iceman mohawks walking around picking on everyone they can cause they got a tapout shirt. Then one day my brother calls me and says hey Im gonna train to fight in MMA. My first thought was "You gonna be one of those douchebag tapout guys"!? So naturally being his brother I wanted to corner him and train him and learn as much of the game as I can. He lives about 2 hours from me. He came down to visit on my 22nd b-day and was like dude check out this Jiu-Jitsu system its called 10th Planet. At the time I didnt know the difference between gi and no gi. So he showed me some escapes and we rolled and I got destroyed but It did feel natural like I shoulda been doing it a long long long time ago. So I looked deeper into it. Researched everything I could involving the system. Being a heavy gunji smoker I was amazed to see how eddie was open about smoking. After that I was hooked. It wasnt so much that eddie smoked too but the fact that he was comfortable enough with himself to show who he was. You know the this is who I am, this is me like it or not type deal. So I was hooked. I started learing every single thing I could involving not only the system but JIU-JITSU in general. Then I joined the forum and saw how tight this family was even though most of us have never even met in person. so almost 2 years later Im still hooked and Im so glad my brother showed me the system. It consumed my life!!!! I couldnt have asked for a better group of guys to share my thoughts with and ask technical questions to help me out. So I guess you can sum it up to FAMILY is what got me into the system!! Ari's videos also are what got me hooked. Ari is the man!!! Theres soo many awesome people in the system I hope I train with every single one of you before I kick that there bucket!!! Stay Awesome everyone!!!!!
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Heard Joe mention how someone was doing RG wrong during an old UFC. Thought "Hmmm... Wonder what it's supposed to look like..."

Array

School
    10th Planet Chi-Raq - 10PSOG
    When offered the choice of the RED pill versus the BLUE Pill, I chose the RED and I saw the TRUTH.

Thank You Eddie

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin W. View Post
    Jiu Jitsu is Jiu Jitsu and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It goes both ways too. I've seen guys on this site that think anything not 10p is "traditional" or "basics" which it is not. I like your attitude.
    Yes and no. I mean, boxing is boxing, but there are different styles in boxing. Different schools of thought teach different styles. So yeah, it's all jiu jitsu, but it's not all the same. Feel me? Or am I just nit picking?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast