Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Dave did you ever feel victimized by me refusing to let you quit?
    Never. I actually felt like I was being helped to get better. It also taught me to not be a quitter. In the early days of my time there, I thought about quitting a lot.

Coach isn't bullying any of us if that's what people think. He pushes us to our best. When my face would be beet red and I'd be sucking air, he'd check multiple times and ask if I'm ok so it's not like we're in danger. Never once did I feel like I was being pushed beyond what I was capable of. I was just being pushed to the point of improvement.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gates View Post
    Rolling with Herzog isn't a fun time lol, especially when you roll with him towards the end of the night or you just had some hard rolls with bigger students. His pressure is enough to suck the life out of you haha. I never tapped from being tired, just dealt with it and kept going. That's how I got better, my cardio now has improved quite a bit. Tapping from being in danger and tapping because of cardio are two diff things. Change your diet or whatever you need to do and suck it up.
    Depends on your idea of fun. Hahaha. It'd def not fun because of the pressure and getting your ass handed to you. But it's def a lot of fun while you're learning and while he's cracking jokes.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardC View Post
    Now that you edited your post and clarified your position, it is entirely different.
    How is that "entirely different"? That's exactly what we've been talking about for the past 3 pages of this thread.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gates View Post
    Rolling with Herzog isn't a fun time lol, especially when you roll with him towards the end of the night or you just had some hard rolls with bigger students. His pressure is enough to suck the life out of you haha. I never tapped from being tired, just dealt with it and kept going. That's how I got better, my cardio now has improved quite a bit. Tapping from being in danger and tapping because of cardio are two diff things. Change your diet or whatever you need to do and suck it up.
    The Jeremy Gates that walked into my gym for the first time, and the person here today are two different people. Watching Jeremy's skills, confidence, awareness and personal limits all sky rocket has been an amazing transformation to watch. However you still can't defend a deep half sweep to save your life.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Never. I actually felt like I was being helped to get better. It also taught me to not be a quitter. In the early days of my time there, I thought about quitting a lot.

Coach isn't bullying any of us if that's what people think. He pushes us to our best. When my face would be beet red and I'd be sucking air, he'd check multiple times and ask if I'm ok so it's not like we're in danger. Never once did I feel like I was being pushed beyond what I was capable of. I was just being pushed to the point of improvement.
    Stop lying, you wanted to call the police.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    My first coach wouldn't let me quit. If I tapped to exhaustion he would just ask me why I was tapping without moving and make me finish the round, generally making life worse for tapping like a bitch.

It's a combat sport, there's no reason not to weed out those who don't have the heart to do it.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    "I did squats earlier today"

Or "Don't get all proud fool, I'm working on defense" is what I like to use :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    The Jeremy Gates that walked into my gym for the first time, and the person here today are two different people. Watching Jeremy's skills, confidence, awareness and personal limits all sky rocket has been an amazing transformation to watch. However you still can't defend a deep half sweep to save your life.
    Thanks, that means a lot! As far as the deep half.. I'm probably staying in Rochester so my return could be in a couple of months.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    i tapped this mma chick out three times in a row. 2 marcelotines and an electric chair. she tapped by punching my in the ribs, and then said aww yeah sure go for that one again when i got the electric chair, like it was wrong to go for it and i was on a personal vendetta to get her. i dunno if thats so much of an excuse but it was probably weirdest thing ive heard in a while.

i was so close to saying. "you mad bro?"

Array

School
    10th planet chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I remember in the beginning when I couldn't roll the full hour, I would have to walk home. It was about a 20-30 minute walk. So I'd leave early cuz I needed enough energy to walk home. LOL. Eventually I started staying the whole hour cuz some guys would help me with a ride. My point is, if you can help it, stay the whole time. It quickly ups your cardio and helps you improve faster.

lol. Was it Royler?
    lol it was a comprido guy

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast