Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    balls are too big, should I upload a pic of them sitting in/on a shock doctor? Imagine two scoops of vanilla ice cream sitting on a japanese soup spoon.

I wear a groin protector for some striking.

Array

School
    St. Louis Area Ronin
    I almost always train with a cup. Boxer briefs, jock w/ cup, compression shorts, and spats.

If I'm getting ready for an ibjjf rules comp or something I will train without it starting a week or two out, though.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    iNITIALLY I didn't wear one (because I hadn't found one that fit yet) and then one day got knee slice passed and also had someone almost awkwardly land near the groin so I went out that next day and ordered a Shock Doctor cup online. Since then I've purchased 2 more and those are the brands I wear, I've never had anyone complain that my cup was the reason they tapped (I also have almost never had it be the reason I tap, in the few cases I could feel the cup against my arm or neck the lock was just about sank in anyways and it was going to be a tap cup or not). I treat cups the same way I treat seat belts, helmets, condoms, etc.

All things being equal you should use them, they may be uncomfortable at times but in that moment when you need them you'll be glad (I've had a couple kicks in TKD come near me, and in rolling too someone blatantly land near my crotch and thanks to the Cup I was able to continue going like nothing happened).

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Never Never

Array

School
    Elite BJJ > 10th Planet Springfield > Rickson Gracie BJJ
    Never thought this thread would go for this long. I've never really noticed many people I've ever rolled with wearing one; including myself. Perhaps I should give this some more thought. Better safe than sterile!

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Most people in our gym don't wear them. Also...wow, how mean to knee slice and grind on people's nuts for not wearing a cup. I've knee sliced many a man and never messed their junk up. Also, if you do jj...lady or man, you should be comfortable with the others person's body. If you roll with me, your body is my body. I'll use different parts of you as handles and etc. So what if you accidentally have an encounter. Just keep going. Idk how many accidental and unnoticed boob grabs have happened to me...I don't wear 6 bras bc of it. Everyone in the gym is family. We are one...so get used to other people's bodies...or maybe this isn't your sport.

Someone not wearing a cup isn't gross. Someone wearing dirty gear is gross. Someone having pieces of Sheetrock in their hair mixed with gel is gross. Someone not wearing deodorant...gross! A lady not keeping her lady funk under control....gross...
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I have had to abandon triangles/armbars because of self inflicted attempt at castration. Like if someone gets their other hand in on a triangle. I'm sure I could still finish, if it wasn't for the fact that my small, but sensitive, testicles are cornered with nowhere to run.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    balls are too big, should I upload a pic of them sitting in/on a shock doctor? Imagine two scoops of vanilla ice cream sitting on a japanese soup spoon.

I wear a groin protector for some striking.
    you got them larry david long balls, huh?

never wore a cup until one of the dudes, that is around 200, tried jumping over my legs in my guard, was stopped by my legs, and landed with his hip right on my balls. holy fuck did it hurt. haven't gone cupless since.

Array

School
    Combat Society
    I always did for mma training but I was told not to by the first ever guy I rolled with at BJJ practice. I've never had any problems without one and don't care if someone wants to wear one, but I really hate tapping to triangles because someone is pulling my head and smashing my jaw into his steel cup.

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    No one wants your balls in their face. Wear a cup.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast