Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by HerbChao View Post
    Bobby/can someone please help explain the twister flip counter? Is this when he goes for the twister/truck roll? Sry just trying to understand the gap.

I've heard of the armbar counter from the nearside arm on calf crank, he claims he hasn't had that happen to him yet in the tourneys he's done although I can't comment on the level of opponents he's faced (on his site I think it says he did fight MMA, and he has emailed with me .

Which part when he goes for omplata and opponent rolls forward? Thanks guys.
    When he is lacing up the grapevine from twister side, you can see his knee bouncing on the mat. That means he's light on that knee. If you bump and scoot your hips under him right into the truck.

And yes if you have an omo and just try to control the near leg, when he rolls you are now in an omo.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    "If you are serious about being able to finish fights off of your back, then you need to start incorporating the Rubber Guard into your game. It is an extremely aggressive guard that not many people are used to defending against. Eddie Bravo revolutionized the sport with his use of the Rubber Guard and the Twister Side Control, but few people were able to utilize it due to the extreme flexibility that it required. We have taken that system and combined it with some of our own techniques and modified it so that anyone can use this incredible guard game and side control position. Get your set NOW! PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS THE DOWNLOADABLE SET!"

http://trainfightwin.com/component/o...&layout=detail

It seems like he makes a dvd copying whatever technique or system is hot, ripping their moves with poor explanation and execution. Like his "Darce choke explained" right around when Darcepedia came out. No comment on the ethics of this, but people are obviously getting what they pay for with these low quality productions.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    This guys stuff has been around for a while now. Why is it just now being brought up?

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    It isn't. This is the fourth time including the old forum.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    It isn't. This is the fourth time including the old forum.
    I see. Has no one ever contacted him? Seems like there would've been some sort of an Ed Lova situation.

He's always reminded me of Bobby from King of the Hill

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by mike nall View Post
    he's always reminded me of bobby from king of the hill
    yes!!!

Array

School
    Formerly 10P Spokane
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    He is teaching Eddie's system. You can plagerise/steal a system. Stealing, biting, not citing, giving no credit- semantics.
    So Eddie is stealing from the person who first did the wrestler's guillotine?

Anybody that teaches BJJ outside of a Gracie school is stealing from them?

Everyone that has a house is stealing from the first person to build one?

Bullshit.

Sharing each other's ideas is how we advance as a race. It's part of nature. Martial Arts is no exception. The more people using and spreading 10th Planet, the better it is for all of us. You either want 10P to eventually become accepted as a staple of Jiu Jitsu, or you want to keep it in the lockdown. You can't have it both ways.

"See, I put my leg right here and turn my body this way. It's my move!" -- I've got no respect for greedy, short-sighted people who think this way. I, for one, would be honored to see someone teaching a move I discovered. You can't own body positions or ideas. They belong to every human being capable of using them.

"Intellectual Property" is a myth with no basis in natural law, and the enforcement of it through government law is one of the greatest roadblocks of human achievement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6_ZqPcNemI

Against Intellectual Property:

www.mises.org/journals/jls/15_2/15_2_1.pdf

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    hes only doing it for personal gain and profit, hes doing nothing different than pirating, he has no permission to use what eddie spent 15+ years devoloping, for a sloppy twenty five dollar dvd thats teaching people the wrong way of a technique. Hes lining his pocket, and clouding the system.

Array

School
    Formerly 10P Spokane
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonrivello View Post
    ...for a sloppy twenty five dollar dvd thats teaching people the wrong way of a technique. Hes lining his pocket, and clouding the system.
    Yeah, I already said that. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonrivello View Post
    hes only doing it for personal gain and profit, hes doing nothing different than pirating, he has no permission to use what eddie spent 15+ years devoloping...
    1. There's nothing wrong with doing something for personal gain and profit.
    2. Calling him a pirate is ridiculous.
    3. He doesn't need permission.
    4. Somehow I doubt he's affecting Eddie in any way. People tend to want the real deal.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast