Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    From my experience with Carlson's Guys this is the norm. Oh and by the way one of Carlson's black belts just got arrested for possession of marijuana so isnt that the pot calling the kettle black. Fuck em. Sounds like he is butt hurt and scared.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Ironically Jigoro Kano, the founder of Judo, came up with the idea of a colored belt system from watching swimmers at a swim meet. The swimmers had colored patches on their shorts to designate their experience divisions. The concept of the colored belt system was orginally No-Gi.
    Awesome.....this guy needs more bass in his voice, sounded too high pitched for me

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    If he's going to appeal to logic, I'd like to hear his thoughts on the purpose of a belt. I was under the impression that it was to hold up pants; perhaps I'm mistaken? Maybe we could just start constructing the gi pants to contain a drawstring that corresponds to one's perceived skill level in the art. Then we could rid ourselves of these all superfluous accessories, with the gi and without.

Or you could just settle down, fella.
    HA. I'm a blue drawstring!

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by sam sales View Post
    somebody please bring out some mma/grappling shorts with belt loops haha
    this!!!!

Array

School
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ok, a couple of ideas. I'm sure everyone has seen the MTS (can't remember which number) video where Renato has his rash guard air brushed with his black belt on it along with his fruits and vegetables logos on the back. There's one!!!! Classic.

#2- Eddie could hand out colored/ranked singlets. I want mine with Fruits and Vegetables logos as well.

Seriously, this guy sounds like a hater and very ignorant about how 10th Planet operates. I agree with Scott, he probably is threatened because he is well aware of warriors we produce, the family/team concept, and the following Eddie has. Let him rant. It's good comedy!!

Array

School
    Ronin
    You know what we have effectively done here guys? Gave this fucking dummy more attention than he deserves. This video has over 2000 hits his next best hit count is 161 out of 33 videos. Has anybody ever heard of him before this?
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Passini View Post
    From my experience with Carlson's Guys this is the norm. Oh and by the way one of Carlson's black belts just got arrested for possession of marijuana so isnt that the pot calling the kettle black. Fuck em. Sounds like he is butt hurt and scared.
    That was punny

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    the guy don't know what he is talking about...
    lutalivre has been using the belts for no-gi since before this guy even thought about jiu-jitsu...

http://www.lutalivresubmission.com.br/lutadores.asp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDiKh6lFF6o
    Last edited by Ron Almeida; 09-11-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ventura
    According to Brian Jones, in addition to skill on the mat, jiu-jitsu involves: terminology (Mission Control, Zombie to New York, Clear the Neck to Chill Dog; seems like we've got terminology covered), lineage (Carlos Gracie/Jean Jacques Machado, Eddie Bravo...lineage, check), that promotional thing (???), and philosophy (choking people out is a good thing/ getting choked out is a bad thing; check).

I guess the only question is, what is "that promotional thing?" Is it a buy two private lessons, get a third free promotion? Is it a for a limited time only, sign a one-year contract and receive a free T-shirt promotion? Is it posting dogmatic videos about antiquated modes of training in hopes that people who already agree with you view you as a soldier in the conservative movement?

Or is "that promotional thing" a reference to the practice of receiving a belt promotion from someone who holds a high enough belt to award that promotion. In that case, see lineage. Checkmate.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hachey View Post
    Wait, if you "borrowed an old blue belt from the gym" to compete, wouldn't that be ranking yourself? You're deciding that you are able to compete against blue belts in the gi and ranking yourself as such to compete against them.

Just saying...
    it would be if my coach, who is belted under higan wasn't giving me the belt, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    You know what we have effectively done here guys? Gave this fucking dummy more attention than he deserves. This video has over 2000 hits his next best hit count is 161 out of 33 videos. Has anybody ever heard of him before this?
    true but who cares its funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Almeida View Post
    the guy don't know what he is talking about...
    lutalivre has been using the belts for no-gi since before this guy even thought about jiu-jitsu...

http://www.lutalivresubmission.com.br/lutadores.asp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDiKh6lFF6o
    yeah but i dont think your going to win over a Gracie guy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Ironically Jigoro Kano, the founder of Judo, came up with the idea of a colored belt system from watching swimmers at a swim meet. The swimmers had colored patches on their shorts to designate their experience divisions. The concept of the colored belt system was orginally No-Gi.
    Ok, but the swimmers had colored patches not belts, since you dont swim with belts, like you dont do no-gi with a belt. So the colored rank system was originally no-gi but colored belts are original to judo. Even still the ranks are called by number in a way. ie. first kyu, second dan, ect.
    Last edited by Aaron Gustaveson; 09-11-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast