Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    I personally have no problem with the term, but Ric does make some good points. I respect his opinion.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Dude DPO is way worse than Crackhead Control...

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Do you have a damn brain tumor?

Array

School
    Ronin
    I really don't understand the problem, do you want to hide the fact that there are people in the world that abuse drugs and that it tends to cause them to act crazy?
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    If we start substituting names for names, that's going to be confusing. Eddie is a genius for naming everything like he did. I believe it's best left alone. I understand kids are doing 10th Planet, but that's no reason to change everything. There's plenty of kids at our school and if anything they think it's funny..the names. Like the DB, one of the dads thought that was golden. Lol.

Array

School
    Textbook Jiu-Jitsu
    Reality Control -- "1984" by George Orwell

I find it fitting because some may feel it is best to bring our crackheads back to reality.
    (some may think they have a better understanding of reality)

Some people also think it is good to keep our crackheads under control.

Personally. I'd rather live and let live.

Though I would think keeping our retards under control would be more controversial than keeping the chemical dependent under control?

Array

School
    Lookin'
    It's more realistic to control crackheads than it is legendary sea monsters.

Sam Sales

Leave them be. If I really need to explain to my kid what a crackhead is then so be it. I will use that opportunity to educate him about stuff. However I don't think he would ask. Words like gogoplata and locoplata are far more intriguing for them. I like the fact we have some super retarded or silly names in the system.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Obviously, I'm being a bit lighthearted in my original post. But to be serious for a minute here...

Many things start off "raw" and end up a bit more mainstream. It's unavoidable and not necessarily a bad thing. Consider how the UFC reached a point early in their existence where they had to take out the groin strikes, or the way Joe Rogan stopped smoking weed on camera on his podcast, or how Metallica went from "Seek and Destroy" to "One", or how Ice Cube went from NWA to "Are We There Yet", or how Mick Jagger no longer sings "...just like a Black girl should" in the song Brown Sugar. It's just a part of the growing process for the business. When the original concept is created the creator isn't thinking about mainstream success, he's just putting out whatever pops into his head. But as the years go by and unforseen opportunities arise, the creator would be foolish to stick to his guns and not modify his creation to take advantage of new opportunities.

When Eddie created Crackhead Control I'll bet he wasn't thinking of the day when he'd have dozens of affiliates, some possibly located in traditional martial arts schools where an owner may be trying to market 10th Planet to parents. That day is here now.

[Oh, and it totally sucks that Mick Jagger no longer sings, "...just like a Black girl should" in Brown Sugar. Fuckin' sellout ]
    What you're describing is conformity, the exact opposite of what 10th planet was built on and continues to represent.

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    Kids should be educated on what a crackhead is so as to avoid becoming one and to one day, yes, control them. Censorship is not a 10th Planet strong suit IMO. While we're at it, let's switch the Vaporizer to the Inhaler and the D-Bag to the Feminine Hygiene Product, lol...just giving ya shit Ric. I know you have a valid argument and I see what you mean about expansion and acceptance, but I just don't see the need for an "officially" nerfed vocabulary for the system. Then again, I'm a rapper what the fuck do I know about being a good influence on kids

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast