Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFunk View Post
    Wow..this is unbelievably epic for such a young board...this is archive worthy...however, I have a question?

Ok..so what is your true BJJ lineage? How much time did you actually train in BJJ and under whom? If you have 1 year 4 months training in BJJ you should have achieved about a blue belt. Are you still teaching? I do not think a blue belt should be teaching anyone BJJ without a brown overseeing it, much less opening up a school. My biggest problem is that you are teaching BJJ and you hardly have a grasp of it yourself. Your website is extremely misleading. It implies that these people are getting training from someone able to instruct them. Now don't get me wrong, there are plenty of BJJ clubs that roll and teach with coaches that are blues and what not, but they are usually free and at gyms and colleges.
    Dude, there are 10th Planet affiliates with actively running school that are blue belts and they're Legit! Brandon McCaghren & Jon Helton are two of them... Everyone's entitled to their opinion but these guys put in their time to earn their rank so they should get compensated to help others earn theirs... Just my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RedClown View Post
    You're pretty ate up with this, huh Ian?
    Just be honest about it. We don't hate him as a person,
    So why make an account just to bury the guy?

Array

School
    Riverside Submission
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian "ifreez" Freemantle View Post
    Seems like u still are -- to make your way all the way to this thread to bury the guy more..
    People are coming over from the mixedmartialarts forum is all. They are trying to put an end to this once and for all. The whole big deal is this guy has blatantly lied about his lineage and is teaching right now in Tulsa Oklahoma claiming to be a BJJ blackbelt with 27 years of jiu jitsu experience. He is misleading the gym he is affiliated with and the public. Just in this thread he has completely back pedaled from a guy who registered as a black belt to a white belt who just wants to learn under eddie to eventually open up an affiliate, to a guy whose Cadre thinks he shouldn't be affiliated because of Eddie's marijuana advocacy. This dude is a douche bag, lying poser. Look at his mma fight..he looks like me in guard and I'm less than a month in.

Guys like him prey on the public with false credentials

Why not? He sets out to defraud people, he should be exposed. Plain and simple.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Why not? He sets out to defraud people, he should be exposed. Plain and simple.
    So says the anonymous guy. With all due respect, your posts were as enjoyable as watching a cat fight however you really didn't contribute any valid help to this thread.

Array

School
    Riverside Submission
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Smith View Post
    Dude, there are 10th Planet affiliates with actively running school that are blue belts and they're Legit! Brandon McCaghren & Jon Helton are two of them... Everyone's entitled to their opinion but these guys put in their time to earn their rank so they should get compensated to help others earn theirs... Just my humble opinion.
    I think you're missing my overall point. If they are an affiliate with traceable lineage I can make my own choices. However, if someone like redcloud lies about his lineage...I mean, dude is instructing people, and we have no idea what belt rank he is. With Brandon and John I can go up to them and they would say "hey big dude, I'm a Eddie Bravo blue belt". And I'm straight. If Eddie backs the schol I am cool. However, if some guy were a blue belt and just opened up a BJJ academy I would have to monitor the class.

I really was just making the point that a purple or black belt usually allows an expectation of the ability to teach. Not crapping on blue belts running schools. Sorry for seeming like a dick

So says the rest of Oklahoma, tough guy.

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Lets not throw more people under the bus here. There are a lot of redcloud's out there, we can't crucify them all.

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Bohbrink View Post
    well red cloud does make a valid point here.... i mean, it's a well documented fact that marijuana is a gateway drug. at some point in your lives most of you on this forum will likely end up homeless and giving handjobs in alleyways for crack.
    You're right! Weed does lead to other things... Mostly junk food!!!

Array

School
    Riverside Submission
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffRace727 View Post
    Lets not throw more people under the bus here. There are a lot of redcloud's out there, we can't crucify them all.
    only those that lie about affiliations to Eddie!! I know I get butt hurt about the whole thing because there are a ton of frauds out there...guess I spend too much time on bullshido

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast