Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Serra BJJ
    Some guys at my gym believe its an ongoing joke by the Brazilians, giving him credit that is.

IMO, Aikido with gloves on just won't work for the most part, and probably won't work in a street fight unless you are incredible fast and good at it. I think of Aikido as more of a spiritual art which deals with the violence in your mind.

For him as a spirtual or mma intructor, he seems full of it but I've never met the man.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Wikipedia is not a reliable source, Show me video of Seagal doing something other than aikido. Show me video of Seagal throwing a kick above his waist, I'll bet he can't do it. Aikido is a joke. Anderson Silva landed that kick against Dan Henderson with the same precision and accuracy. He was being modest and respectful by saying he helped him with the kick. You guys have been trolled by Silva and Machida. I don't give a shit how many years he spent learning that choreographed dancing, that doesn't automatically earn my respect. The guy has been shown to be a tool over and over again. Hes been known to flat out lie about his past.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Ronin

Array

School
    Ronin

Array

School
    Ronin
    This is a quote from an interview with the LA times
    http://intrawebnet.com/stevenseagal/...s-for-the-cia/

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    Aikido is a joke.
    Have you trained it? It seems like you just watched some youtube and wrote it off. It's that same attitude so many have about 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu. They see someone fuck up rubber guard in mma and rather than train it and attempt to understand it they just say it doesn't work. I've never trained Aikido but I'm sure they're effective techniques with it. Aikido has been around longer than anyone on this forums been alive so I'm sure theres something to learn from it.

Array

School
    Ronin

Array

School
    Ronin
    Just because its been around a long time doesn't make it good just old. What part of aikido do you think is effective the only reasonable argument I have heard is wrist locks, ok you bend someones wrist and it huts and you can break it we get it we can move on now. Show me one effective aikido path to a wrist lock.
    Last edited by Jonathan Wylie; 05-06-2011 at 08:52 AM.

Array

School
    Ronin
    In order to isolate some ones wrist you have to control their entire body in order to do that you have to be on the ground I have not seen any aikido ground techniques. But who knows maybe one of those scenarios where you start on your knees and your opponent is standing will work. If all else fells you could suck his dick and maybe get out of the ass whipping that way.
    Last edited by Jonathan Wylie; 05-06-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast