Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    self-taught/none
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Actually use the position, you won't have that question after.
    yeah...awesome advice...
    The problem is it can be hard to find people to train with, and I do not have the funds to join a school. The only BJJ place where I live focuses on MMA (and hence mainly stand-up) and costs about $400 a month. I looked on here and the nearest 10th planet place is in San Francisco about 2 hours away.

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Guerra View Post
    yeah...awesome advice...
    The problem is it can be hard to find people to train with, and I do not have the funds to join a school. The only BJJ place where I live focuses on MMA (and hence mainly stand-up) and costs about $400 a month. I looked on here and the nearest 10th planet place is in San Francisco about 2 hours away.
    400 bucks? do ya get a bj and a qtr wtf?

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    yeah...awesome advice...
    Get a GF to be your rolling partner.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    yeah...awesome advice...
    A two hour drive to train with Denny is worth it. Even if its once a month.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Passini View Post
    +1
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    self-taught/none
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamGunter View Post
    I wish

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    Get a GF to be your rolling partner.
    Already tried it man. She hates the stuff after a little armbar incident...

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Passini View Post
    Yeah it would be awesome, but the price is the thing again. I mean 10th planet seems to offer fairly reasonable pricing, but the cost in gas getting there and back would be an added 40-50 dollars.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Yeah it would be awesome, but the price is the thing again. I mean 10th planet seems to offer fairly reasonable pricing, but the cost in gas getting there and back would be an added 40-50 dollars.
    That's still not even close to $400 monthly
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Area 50.1
    I can relate to not having a partner to try shit on. The school around me only trains like 3 times a week. Whenever i get an idea of some cool move, Ill just go throw it my mom. Shes always around and she can only stay mad at me for so long. Just another one of the many benefits of living at home.

Array

School
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamGunter View Post
    Where the hell are all these people when I'm teaching for free 6 days a week? I could run an ad saying that bro...includes bj & a qtr! Might drum up business lmfao.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Schedule some private lessons....?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin A. View Post
    I can relate to not having a partner to try shit on. The school around me only trains like 3 times a week. Whenever i get an idea of some cool move, Ill just go throw it my mom. Shes always around and she can only stay mad at me for so long. Just another one of the many benefits of living at home.
    Seriously though? I don't think trying it on your mom is going to do anything for your game. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony "The Goods" Garcia View Post
    Where the hell are all these people when I'm teaching for free 6 days a week? I could run an ad saying that bro...includes bj & a qtr! Might drum up business lmfao.
    LMAO this guy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12