Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu

Ronins reppin' @ Michigan No-gi Open, and getting some hardware!!

We had a get trip downstate with the trolls. First BJJ tourney for all of us. Here are the award shots.Details and VIDEO ARE HERE!
    Last edited by Greg W; 04-25-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Gold, Jeff Martin 181-194 intermediate. 14 mths doing BJJ, could have done novice, glad he stepped up.

Martin.jpg
    Last edited by Greg W; 04-23-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Josh Niemi, Silver 140lbs Novice. Rough weight cut for day of weigh-ins. He woke up in the morning with 4 lbs still to lose. He did well dispite the difficult cut.

Neimi.jpg
    Last edited by Greg W; 04-23-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Well done guys
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    Congrats guys! I love to see other 10P Ronin's doing well in competition.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox
    Congrats fellas!

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Well, I must be a bit unusual. Nobody else signed up for Masters 154lbs. They move me into adult Int. The division was stacked with 20 year old hot rods. I'm just a bit too old and slow to match wits with the young guns. I also have Zero stand up. I was looking for the HG from the get go. The kid had great balance and could do the splits. I didn't want to crank the knee, because twisting knee locks were illegal. You can see me go for Stoner control but he caught my arm. He had mount and back most of the time and never scored a single point. Triangle chokes are my kyptonite, not surprised I lost both matches to it. My first time on a mat in competition. Lots to build on.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    I don't have video of match number 2 because the camera was in use on another match. I felt way better, even though he was a huge black dude. i can't believe he made 154. I just grabed his wrist and pulled guard, he gave me a free NY. I had 10th planet written accross my shin bone, so everyone could see it across the back of his head. I double bagged to chill dog, then hit the DA. His roll was very fast and I did not control very well as Eddie mentioned in a recent MTS. I ended up in his guard and he triangled me. Weight and control during the DA, more to work on.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    This is Eric, He also lost both matches. He is the one guy that has really taken to the rubber guard in our gym. Crazy flexable. He has been really working on it for about 5 mths. he has been doing BJJ for less than a year.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Eric's second match. Ending looks very similar to Eddie v Royler match. Notice Eric's face trying to finish the triangle, then look and Eddie's. Very close loss, the dude was just about out!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast