Array

School
    10th Planet Seoul

First Competition Question and documentary?

I will be competing in about a month what should i do to prep? I only have 6mo exp, the division will be nogi 94+kilo. I weigh about 108 kilo I don’t have to worry about cutting, but i do want to work on cardio. Any drills or workouts you guys recommend?

On another note, i got a phone call, well my wife got a phone call from a korean woman that wants to do a documentary about married men in Korea that practice BJJ. I’m not sure if i should accept. I do not want to give a bad impression because of my skill or lack thereof

Array

School
    10th Planet Seoul
    I guess they want to do a interview about how jiujitsu affects me and my wife

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    The only advice I have about cardio is skip the jogging and focus on mat-specific exercises (there are a ton of solo drills out there), and try to get as much sparring in between now and the competition. As you probably have realized, jiu-jitsu cardio is a different breed than stick-and-ball cardio. You can be really in shape for basketball or soccer and still get winded on the mats.