Array

School
    10th planet Melbourne/ GVJJ

Did anyone else see this?

Ralek has a pretty slick game but damn this is not good, at one point he rhymes Bob Marley with Broccoli!

Give me Jiu-Jitsu by Eddie any day of the week (and no that's not a shameless plug my daughter and I rock out to that all the time)

..........................................yep moving on

Array

School
    no school in the area
    and this is what he called music ....................................no words !This is bad

Array

School
    I know, this isn't like I'm personally attacking Ralek for some 10th Planet is better dig or something, I love the Gi and the Gracies.
    I mainly posted this because I watched Eddies Jiu Jitsu song with my 4 year old daughter who loves it and always asks me to put it on You Tube then watched Raleks song after and she asked me to turn it off, I just figured if a 4 year old thinks that way....

Array

School
    How's your treatment going by the way Jolanda?, you are a true warrior btw

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason 'Gealbhan' Farren View Post
    I mainly posted this because I watched Eddies Jiu Jitsu song with my 4 year old daughter who loves it and always asks me to put it on You Tube then watched Raleks song after and she asked me to turn it off, I just figured if a 4 year old thinks that way....
    I know we discussed this video to death here a while back but...my 7 year old daughter has the opposite reaction from yours. She loves the Ralek track and actually requests it often. I don't think the track is as bad as people say it is. It's the kind of track that sounds like it needs an actual producer to come in and refine it by doing things like making suggestions about changing certain lyrics, for example. This song sounds like it's a one man show and it would have benefited from more outside input. It's a decent track now, but under the proper guidance it could have been a very good song.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood HQ
    Eddie's song is in a class of it's own.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    I know we discussed this video to death here a while back but...my 7 year old daughter has the opposite reaction from yours. She loves the Ralek track and actually requests it often. I don't think the track is as bad as people say it is. It's the kind of track that sounds like it needs an actual producer to come in and refine it by doing things like making suggestions about changing certain lyrics, for example. This song sounds like it's a one man show and it would have benefited from more outside input. It's a decent track now, but under the proper guidance it could have been a very good song.
    That's the power of music my man, i've played with my brother in law and the diffferences that proper editing can make is phenomenal it's a testement to real music like what Bob Rock did with early Metallica as opposed to St. Anger.
    And when I say about Eddies music isn't just sucking up but a legitimate understanding of todays contemporey musical progression, where there is a lot of potential in Raleks song but the overall finish leaves a lot to be desired

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood HQ
    Here's my take on it. On the one hand you have Ralek, a good jiu-jitsu guy trying to be a musician, and on the other, you have Eddie, a great jiu jitsu guy who is a musician.