Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I've seen Glover, Braulio, Rafa Mendes use the berimbolo in no-gi. Not many people though. It's not as hard to do if you just want the sweep, but if you want the back it's very hard no gi. Doable though.

Also the berimbolo is not a guard. It's just a sweep/back attack from the de la riva guard.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Even if it's hard to take the back nogi, as long as its a legit nogi sweep it will for sure be injected into the system. De la riva and spiral has been in the system for about a solid year now thanks to Jason Eisner, in fact I've been teaching it ALOT since May 2011, most of my hq dogs are very well trained in DLR and Spiral, very important material to master
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    De La Riva, berimbolo, spiral... These guards are nasty. I've been learning a lot from a good number of playas in the system as well as outside of the system. They fit nicely, because if a person comes into your guard, you bust your rubber guard... If they shy away from your guard, you attack them with all the nastiness. Mix in your leg locks and you are über-nasty.

Array

School
    CORE MMA

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    The main thing I dont like about this guard is that youre dangling your foot in front of your opponent and anyone with a good toe hold will make you pay

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Perez View Post
    The main thing I dont like about this guard is that youre dangling your foot in front of your opponent and anyone with a good toe hold will make you pay
    Rafael Mendes brought that issue when asked about that at a seminar. he said to simply be mindful of your feet and that if someone is trying to toe hold you during a berimbolo then they are not defending the sweep, and he will come up on top in a leg drag/Sauo Paulo pass position, causing them to lose their proper angle to finish. He said if it's done in one motion it should be hard to get toe holded.

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    hahahha! The "pull the pants off contest" was hilarious! But around 4 min is just sneaky!

Yeah, like Mike said, if a guy goes hard for the foot they make it easier to get the sweep or even take the back, it's hard to catch that footlock during the transition, you just have to be confident in your footlock defense

Array

School
    10Th Planet Jiu Jitsu San Francisco
    Berimbolo is a legit sweep, I'll go for it if the situation presents itself. As of right now I get the sweep more than I get the back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast