Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma

passing the guard

Hi guys.

I need some pointers on passing the closed guard.
    I really feel like risking alot when I go for underhooks against stronger opponents so just a quick question about other ways to pass without leaving openings for triangles?

When I have closed guard I love it when ppl press down on my knees cause it gives me a quick triangle setup so I fear doing that myself even tho it works if your fast and strong as hell.

Any pointers/tips ?

(If the english sucks blame the norwegian school system :P)

Array

School
    Kalgoorlie :(
    as a white belt myself i had the same question, i watched a GRACIE BASICS video series and there were some good guard passes on there. I learn quite quickly I needed to learn the basics as well as tenth planet system if I want to advance to my blue belt. My rubber guard and lock down isnt too bad but that's nothing if i cant do the basics and defend the basics.

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    Have any links for videos for those mate ?

Array

School
    10th Planet
    when i have trouble breaking out of someones guard because im either tired or they're extremely strong, a favorite trick of mine is to trap one arm and begin to rock back and forth. when im ready and with everything i have, ill shoot my opposite leg over the arm i trapped. sometimes in the chaos i can sprawl and take back or roll swim my arm around while spinning to trap their leg for an Achilles crush or slide it further down for a heel hook. this also works for triangle escapes.

anyone else ever done something similar?

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    Never really though of rocking back and forth. Dont you then give ur opponent a good chance to sweep you ?

Array

School
    10th Planet
    not really, you should be postured up. by trapping an arm i just mean pinning it to his body while posturing. if hes just holding you in his guard or stalling, its a great time to try this.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MO
    We were talking about Guard passes the other day in class. Ari had a quote that said something like "if your having trouble passing the guard please dont come to me asking about a flying triangle." LOL then I realized that I really only know 1 technique to pass the guard and thats all I have used for the last 6 months or so. The good thing about only knowing 1 pass is that Im really good at that one pass and the bad thing is I only know one legit pass.

BJ shows it in the video

http://www.bjpenn.com/video/2022293:...mment%3A296785

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    Thanks Chris nice post

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    thanks Jarrad

Array

School
    Kalgoorlie :(
    its one of those videos but im not sure which one as i downloaded the full video. ISOHUNT.COM and search gracie basics

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast