Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont

Twister Side Control Question

Do you guys ever try to go to twister side if the near arm is T-rexed and try to sit on it like that, or do you always walk it up first from normal side control or scarf first?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    If the arm is t-rexed I use more of a twister side/ north-south combination, using driving pressure into his near shoulder and looking for him to turn onto his side to expose the truck or leave his neck open for the north-south choke.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I dont feel it is a control position if you are on the forearm, especially in the same weightclass. More transitional.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I do. But I'm a rookie and I might be doing the wrong thing... but I like to do it because it opens up a ton of options. N/S choke. If they stick an arm in you can still get a darce... If they start pushing you down to their legs you can work that inverted kneebar series that Coach Herzog posted recently. If you execute fast, I imagine it makes mounting easier too, right? Or you can jump into electric cowbow really fast. I never land any twister path stuff, that's for sure.

Like I said, I know I probably shouldn't go to TSC with one arm t-rex'd, but I just enjoy letting things open up even if I fail. I'm learning from my mistakes constantly. Give me a few years under my belt and I might change my mind though. But I've had moderate success from a poor twister side "control."

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    I dont feel it is a control position if you are on the forearm, especially in the same weightclass. More transitional.
    Yeah, that's how I feel too. Whenever I'm in that position, it never lasts long, but it opens windows to other places. Good way to put it Bobby.