Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Watch exciting grappling matches! Or, have a conversation about street fights with someone who doesn't know what the hell they are talking about, and see how nice it is to have knowledge.

Array

School
    SIMS / 10th Planet Omaha
    Cody Kietzman.
    Everytime I think of how beautiful he is, I just train harder!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    My instructor Josh Passini and I just talked about something similar to this the other day. Long story short if you're doing this for a hobby and for fun or for weight loss as a main goal it's hard to expect yourself to be as dedicated as someone who's consistently on the grind trying to be the best in competition and that sort of stuff. To get that kind of dedication you have to just find yourself getting in that routine. Go twice a week, then three time a week and so on until your body literally craves jiu jitsu.

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Fe/Nova Uniao
    Kermit--Let me be your motivation. Everytime you dont want to come in, or everytime you feel like taking it easy, just look over at me at the edge of the mat in my steel brace and think about how you could be in my position.

Other than that, I cant tell you why I stay motivated. All I do all day is think of ways to improve my technique. Ways to set up that submission in ways I've never seen. Then try it while I roll. Drives me crazy all day while I wait for practice.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    No doubt busting ur ass a few days a week for months on end can tire u out physically and mentally which can get u unmotivated. When that happens its good to take a couple weeks off , heal up and youll soon be missing the gym again.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hester View Post
    Cody Kietzman.
    Everytime I think of how beautiful he is, I just train harder!
    I train to not be raped by this guy....

Array

School
    Premier Martial Arts ( Team Megaton )
    Being in an atmosphere of other great people and the drug that Jiu-Jitsu is itself is what motivates me. I travel 1-1/2hrs to my gym and it doesn't bother me. Worth it every time!

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Two motivators: I want to be the best in the world and this will be a career for me.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    What motivates me, is seeing the progression of those around me.
    If I can teach techniques to someone, and that someone teaches those techniques to someone else... That full circle is positive feedback.
    So the art of jiu jitsu has a game embedded in it for me. That would be how detailed can I teach, and how fun can I make it for others. That's my motivation.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Seeing your team mates progress and them recognizing that your getting better too is a good motivator.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast