Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas

Vitamins and shit

I don't now shit about vitamins and things of that nature. However, I was given some stuff, and am wondering if it's okay to take it all on a daily basis.

Vitamin C pills
    Glucosamine chondritin msm
    B-12 gummies
    Lecithin
    and am taking Acetaminophen for inflammation. So yeah, thoughts?

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Acetaminophen is only a weak anti-inflammatory. I would use Motrin (Ibuprofen) for an anti-inflammatory. Everything else looks fine IMO.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    All that stuff listed is basically a combination of stuff that will keep your immune system a little better, keep your energy a little higher, and your overall health higher. Glucosamine is the precursor to what makes up your joint cartilage, which sports especially combat sports do wear on, so it should almost be considered a vital part of regular nutrition to long term health of an athlete, there have been many studies supporting its benefits on joint health and reducing joint pain etc. Lechtin is a group term for a number of combinatorial fatty substances, but in general is used as a stabilizing agent in food and other products, as far as how it effects your body it supposedly lowers your cholesterol, triglycerides, etc but the studies on it arn't very promising, from what im aware there isn't too much value in taking it as a supplement so I wouldn't go out and buy it, but it very well could be included in blend or mix as a safe and functional agent.

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by DanConway View Post
    All that stuff listed is basically a combination of stuff that will keep your immune system a little better, keep your energy a little higher, and your overall health higher. Glucosamine is the precursor to what makes up your joint cartilage, which sports especially combat sports do wear on, so it should almost be considered a vital part of regular nutrition to long term health of an athlete, there have been many studies supporting its benefits on joint health and reducing joint pain etc. Lechtin is a group term for a number of combinatorial fatty substances, but in general is used as a stabilizing agent in food and other products, as far as how it effects your body it supposedly lowers your cholesterol, triglycerides, etc but the studies on it arn't very promising, from what im aware there isn't too much value in taking it as a supplement so I wouldn't go out and buy it, but it very well could be included in blend or mix as a safe and functional agent.
    Good shit. Thanks, man.

Array

School
    Star jiu jitsu/ formerly of 10th planet sherman
    good stuff to take. If you have the mastering the rubber guard dvd there is a video in the extras where eddie talks about all his vitamins and supplements that he takes, got some good advice from it

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I have only been taking beer and cigarettes. I laid off the cigarettes today, trying to quit, but the beer supplement will continue to be a staple.

Array

School
    NA
    Quote Originally Posted by kurzy View Post
    i have only been taking beer and cigarettes. I laid off the cigarettes today, trying to quit, but the beer supplement will continue to be a staple.
    lol!!

Array

School
    Easton
    Mixing acetaminophen (Tylenol) with alcohol can kill you by killing your liver. So don't mix them.

Also you should not take anti-inflammatory drugs on a regular basis unless you really need them. Others like Ibuprofen(Advil) etc can cause stomach bleeding as a side effect.
    Only take when when you have a real injury, headache etc...

Also Asprin is the most natural of the anti-inflammatory drugs. Dilates blood vessels and can help with dehydration. Also eat 20 pills if you're having a heart attack and it might save your life. Eat 20 Tylenol and you might die. So know what you're putting in your body before you take it

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Glucasomine (esp with chondrtin sry spelling) is good for joints and cartiliage (esp important when our sport involves joint manipulations and cranks). I persoanlly take a Multi-vitamin (nutrilite DOuble X which I market cheap pop) as well as Glucasomine and fish oils. But try to eat as healthy as u can, and limit alcohol and tobacco intake when possible (not a doctor but I do study where I can).

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    I've been taking animal pak for about 2 months now.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Anim...8568589&sr=8-1

I don't know too much about the science of nutrition, but I know this one has a lot of support from the weight lifting community.

Also, it turns my pee bright yellow, which means I'm pissing out the excess vitamins. Some might say that means I'm wasting vitamins, but really, it means my body has exactly 100% of what it needs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast