Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    You are obviously pretty damn knowledgable of the 10p system, no doubt about that. You just need a group of solid grapplers you could go to war with on a regular basis to tighten up your technique. Seems like your grappling dummy here smoked way too much heefer, lol, he never put in the wizzar during the 1/2 guard portion. Your technique needs a lot of tightening but you have a good grasp of the 10p blueprint. Joining that Mma gym was a crucial move, stick with it, consistency is the key to success, thank you very much for repping the team, I have faith that you will become a force in your local competition circuit
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Ill just edit this comment out. Im sure it was read by enough people
    Last edited by Sean Marshall; 06-15-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Sean, to be honest he was a bad partner yes. But that wasnt it. Few of these techs would work on an advanced white belt as they were demonstrated. Post some live rolling with a legit partner, and that would give a way better idea of how and when youre applying techs.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Sean, to be honest he was a bad partner yes. But that wasnt it. Few of these techs would work on an advanced white belt as they were demonstrated. Post some live rolling with a legit partner, and that would give a way better idea of how and when youre applying techs.
    He wasnt too bad of a partner. Just inflexable, and not fully knowing what I needed him to do so it was like dead weight. He mostly pays attention to learning how to defend everything I do. Thats the dark trade for for repping a lot of stuff on him and figuring out the next step I need to work on. Gets annoying when he starts telling people how to defend what im doing, since I get a lot of reps on people while rolling. He has his schedule filled with training at different places most of the time now. I just need to try harder to find another serious full time rep partner. Will definitely post some rolling vids
    Last edited by Sean Marshall; 06-14-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Only watched a couple of minutes of the video. Nothing to add as I am not qualified. I just wanted to give you props for putting yourself out there like that. It takes courage to post a video like that knowing the amount of critique you may (will) receive.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ludington View Post
    Only watched a couple of minutes of the video. Nothing to add as I am not qualified. I just wanted to give you props for putting yourself out there like that. It takes courage to post a video like that knowing the amount of critique you may (will) receive.
    As long as you can realize that most criticism is someone trying to help you. Have to put the hungry ego on a diet. Its hard to train with people that live for powering up off of compliments and status over others. It keeps strikers from wanting to work on grappling, grapplers from wanting to work on striking, and mma guys that already have a grappling game plan from working on 10th Planet techniques. You become new at something all over again and have to get through the pain period

I will eventually have to make the video private soon because of fighting and people trying to research me and whatnot
    Last edited by Sean Marshall; 06-14-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    So is it actually possible to get ranked online this way? Just because I'm pretty far away from the two UK 10th Planet schools, but I own all the books and DVDs and me and a buddy of mine are planning to drill and roll in my garage.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    He wasnt too bad of a partner. Just inflexable, and not fully knowing what I needed him to do so it was like dead weight. He mostly pays attention to learning how to defend everything I do. Thats the dark trade for for repping a lot of stuff on him and figuring out the next step I need to work on. Gets annoying when he starts telling people how to defend what im doing, since I get a lot of reps on people while rolling. He has his schedule filled with training at different places most of the time now. I just need to try harder to find another serious full time rep partner. Will definitely post some rolling vids
    It's not a bad thing for him to tell people how to defend things. That's why there are a ton of alternate moves; in case a guy defends. A guy defends old school? Electric Chair. Defends Electric Chair? Get to dogfight. Tries to darce? Set up a mechanic. We don't just put in reps. We drill tech too so it's good that you get in your "reps" while rolling. You have to feel what it's like when someone defends. You seem to be handling the disappointment.......somewhat ok. I know you're fighting to be optimistic. Good luck on trying again.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    It's not a bad thing for him to tell people how to defend things. That's why there are a ton of alternate moves; in case a guy defends. A guy defends old school? Electric Chair. Defends Electric Chair? Get to dogfight. Tries to darce? Set up a mechanic. We don't just put in reps. We drill tech too so it's good that you get in your "reps" while rolling. You have to feel what it's like when someone defends. You seem to be handling the disappointment.......somewhat ok. I know you're fighting to be optimistic. Good luck on trying again.
    Im good now. Found someone at the gym that has been helping me get a couple hours worth of reps in a week. Just had to put it out there and try harder to get things done. Got a fight at the end of next month. Only ensured i work harder to clean up my 10 style.

Hope some of my earlier smart-ass-ish comments didnt piss anyone off. I dont mind putting a lot of thoughts out there on the net cuz i can always look back and see where i might have become overly attached to something. I put a lot of effort into getting rid of attachments. Anytime i get attached to something and dont realize it, emotional disturbances and other problems manifest. I was only butt-hurt for a day until i realized it

People to rep stuff out with slowly adding up. Just cant focus on negative nonsense

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I'm just a white belt and a nobody, and I"m sure you might be tired of hearing it....but seriously consider making an effort to get to the miami hotbox. Make it at least a monthly habit. Eventually I'm going to move to boston where there is no 10th planet and I've already got it in my head to take the drive to Hartford once a month to make sure I'm still training with actual 10th planet guys. And I'm likely going to be taking quarterly trips up to rochester to still learn directly from Coach Zog. If transportation is an issue, rent a car. You can rent a car for a day for like $30 man. In my opinion it's worth it.

And again, don't just rep. Drill. Reps are great for the muscle memory. Drills are essential to the application. No progress without sacrifice.

Again good luck. You got a great compliment from the Master himself when he said you obviously know the system well. Take that and run with it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast