Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Spokane
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sioda View Post
    Josh, can you tell me how you are sweeping?
    I sweep one of two ways, the first way i try is to go away from the hips, and posting your elbow, crawling up while hipping into the person. Try this first because if it fails you don't lose position. The second way i try to sweep is to swim under their hips and spin the opposite direction with your legs. This should put them off balance and make sweeping possible. I've had more success with the second way but it is a lot riskier.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Where you are I would keep his left arm isolated. With your left hand grab the far side of his elbow. Feel for the knobs where the humorous and ulna meet. Rotate them clockwise constantly to keep the arm trapped, while you are hugging his hand/wrist with your ear and shoulder. Stay tight and extend your core till his arm is fully extended and incredibly weak. If you let up for a sec he will rotate counterclockwise and escape his arm with a 12-6 elbow type motion. Keep him trapped and adjust your right forearm to just above his elbow. Dont stop rotating and ear-hugging his arm till your in position. Then gable grip and finish the inverted armbar by sucking your elbows in and bringing your right elbow toward your left hip. Finish with your core.

I also go apeshit and wristlock a motherfucker from here. I have skinny legs and finishing the triangle from here for me is low %, so I use the triangle solely for isolation. If he escapes his elbow and sets up a strong defense, I attack kimura or bait his escape to recover guard.

Array

School
    N/A
    Have a look over this and notice the angle of the choke and the wrist control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Age3Y7UcgOs

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    Trapping the far arm (for sweep/finish), attacking the near arm with Kimura & double-unders on the body are all effective for me. It's a beautiful thing that I can go from "nowhere to go" to "love this position" in less than 48 hours. Thanks for the input 10P Family!

Bobby, I have not had the opportunity to go ape shit & wristlock any mofos but you can be damned sure that I'm going to try.

Array

School
    The inverted armbar is better. Apeshit is last resort

Array

School
    American Combat Club
    To finish it you swim the arm closest to your opponents body underneath and gable around the body, putting you in the north south position. From there, squeeze your knees together using your adductor muscles, and push your hips toward the sky as you simultaneously curl your legs down.

I finish this all the time when guys leave an arm in. You can also reverse arm-bar from there, and use the kimura to sweep to top position. From the top position you can either finish the choke or finish the kimura.

Array

School
    Dynamic MMA Vancouver BC
    Try this.

GET UNDER HIM WITH A GABLE GRIP BEAR HUG, ARMS SQUEEZE PULL UP, LEGS SQUEEZE HEAD AND ARM DOWN DOWN.

Array

School
    Im not trying to discredit anyones options as they are all legit. The fact is you would have to release a perfect setup for the inverted armbar first to do them in this position. I would test the arm and if he escapes move on to other options. Why transition when you already have a sub in your lap?

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers
    Im not trying to discredit anyones options as they are all legit. The fact is you would have to release a perfect setup for the inverted armbar first to do them in this position. I would test the arm and if he escapes move on to other options. Why transition when you already have a sub in your lap?
    +1

Array

School
    Evolve manchester
    kimura or americana the free arm. (the one that is not in the triangle.) its just waiting there. if you ask him nicely he might just gift wrapp it for you :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast