Array

School
    10th planet Joensuu

me doing twister

Hello everybody! I finally got the twister on tape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOc8O...ature=youtu.be

Feel free to comment my game and find holes of it. I personally think this was not my best roll but the end was nice. fatality.

Nice!

I am sorry but i am in no position to help you.

When i try the twister roll after locking my opponent leg i feel really stuck and have a really hard time doing the roll. You did it very smoothly. I watch the videos from you guys and it seems easy but i just can't get it to work. Any tips?

Array

School
    Alpha MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spínola View Post
    Nice!

When i try the twister roll after locking my opponent leg i feel really stuck and have a really hard time doing the roll. You did it very smoothly. I watch the videos from you guys and it seems easy but i just can't get it to work. Any tips?
    I used to have a similar problem. i figured out that i wasnt rolling close enough to the opponents ankles, so i wasnt getting enough momentum
    Do you grab the toes and roll all the way down at opponents ankles?

Array

School
    Alpha MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by nipaboneless View Post
    Hello everybody! I finally got the twister on tape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOc8O...ature=youtu.be

Feel free to comment my game and find holes of it. I personally think this was not my best roll but the end was nice. fatality.
    Hey man, good work
    Im by no means a master of the system and other people on here can correct me if im wrong but i noticed half way in the video you were going for the twister roll, but couldnt seem to get enough momentum to roll over, im not sure if this has anything to do with it but i noticed your left knee was not checking your opponents hip, i think it ended up in between your opponents legs.
    Try to make sure that your left knee is up against your opponents right hip.
    And remember to smash your opponents face when you have twister side control.
    But good work man, nice twister finish, the twister is still my favourite submission to finish with.

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    The one thing that stuck out to me was when you were in the truck - before you snatched the arm. Make sure you hold his foot, rather than monkey-gripping his shin like that. He is strong there and could kick free, but he is weak if you hold the foot due to the ankle.

Nice patience in working to setup the twister though...

Quote Originally Posted by CoreySmith View Post
    I used to have a similar problem. i figured out that i wasnt rolling close enough to the opponents ankles, so i wasnt getting enough momentum
    Do you grab the toes and roll all the way down at opponents ankles?
    Ok, i am going to try that. Do you grapevine the leg or just put a normal hook?

Thanks for the help!!!

Array

School
    10th planet Joensuu
    Thank you for the tips. Always helps to get another point of view. first try to do the twister roll in the video, I knew i fucked up while rolling but tried it anyway. good details to think.

Array

School
    10th planet Joensuu
    Quote Originally Posted by Spínola View Post
    Nice!

I am sorry but i am in no position to help you.

For me the key points when I started to nail twisters was to roll over my shoulder. Not over head or over elbow but over shoulder. And another key point is good grapevine, then legs will follow automatically.