Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    This is such a pathetic idea.. "I hate the world, I'm gonna kill lots of people.." And then finding some like-minded retard that shares the philosophy.. that's some far out Emo-shit right there. (Not that I don't like Emo's, I like their style), but you know what I am saying.. So selfish, so dumb, and so.. Shit.. Somehow I can't shake the feeling that these people can't have had it that bad. Something in me wants to believe that they are just too sorry for themselves, and that people that have had it worse have somehow learned to cope with it and grown because of it. I mean, people can get depressed and feel that they have nothing in life but trauma and bad memories, but to resort to something as ridiculous as this, it takes a retard with a weak mind and too much self pity. Well, that's what I think anyway, I'm no psychologist.

Quote Originally Posted by John Alighieri View Post
    now the question is... What do you do for a living Matt? LOL
    my guess is he's a firefighter. We had an entire chapter dedicated to the subject in the acadamy. apart from the tools price range LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Joachim Hoff View Post
    This is such a pathetic idea.. "I hate the world, I'm gonna kill lots of people.." And then finding some like-minded retard that shares the philosophy.. that's some far out Emo-shit right there. (Not that I don't like Emo's, I like their style), but you know what I am saying.. So selfish, so dumb, and so.. Shit.. Somehow I can't shake the feeling that these people can't have had it that bad. Something in me wants to believe that they are just too sorry for themselves, and that people that have had it worse have somehow learned to cope with it and grown because of it. I mean, people can get depressed and feel that they have nothing in life but trauma and bad memories, but to resort to something as ridiculous as this, it takes a retard with a weak mind and too much self pity. Well, that's what I think anyway, I'm no psychologist.
    it's an odd phenomenon that's been happening for only about 100 years. My dad was at the tucson shooting of giffords. And I'm also aware of the shootings in norway, I have an ex from norway. I wonder why this has been taking place... My best guess is that modern society forces some people who are unable to find a role in it, into a corner.

Either way, my theory on violence as a whole, is that it's natures way of keeping check on the human population.

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    I think it stems from living in a bubble. Low social status, mental problems, and not being exposed to the "real world" enough. For some reason I don't see anyone that has been working hard as a farmhand or fisherman doing this. I'm way out on the deep end here, because I haven't got a clue about psychology, but my guess is that these people have been gradually secluded, repeating a pattern of failing.. In the old days you were active, you had to be. For better or for worse alliances and friendships were made. maybe it's because of society growing so large. People get lost in a sea of people, being idle.. Hard working people don't have time to think.. That's what I'm thinking, but it's just a weird hypothesis of mine, I don't know anything about these people.
    Our own homegrown terrorist was living on another plane completely. No one saw him, he was sick and miserable, and part of a shallow city culture. I think he was a spoiled shit!

Array

School
    No school as of yet. I have trained muay thai for 7 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah Mendoza View Post
    it's an odd phenomenon that's been happening for only about 100 years. My dad was at the tucson shooting of giffords. And I'm also aware of the shootings in norway, I have an ex from norway. I wonder why this has been taking place... My best guess is that modern society forces some people who are unable to find a role in it, into a corner.

Either way, my theory on violence as a whole, is that it's natures way of keeping check on the human population.

Yea one of my friends was in the building that got shot up in the Virginia Tech shooting from 2007...The gunman tried to force his way into the classroom that he was in (which was classroom 205)...but thankfully wasn't able to because they had barricaded it....But all the neighboring classroom got decimated.

Just insane to even think about

Array

School
    No school as of yet. I have trained muay thai for 7 years
    "Students, including Zach Petkewicz, barricaded the door of room 205 with a large table after substitute professor Haiyan Cheng and a student saw Cho heading toward them. Cho shot several times through the door but failed to force his way in. No one in that classroom was wounded or killed."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgini...Hall_shootings

Crazy shit for sure.

Array

School
    Easton
    My girl friend has been the this theater a few times in the past but stopped attending a long time ago. Never again because the whole area is thugs and shitty people everywhere. This isn't the first shooting. Their value system is self destructive. Not everyone, but enough of "them" you want to get out of the neighborhood. Keep in mind this is Colorado, Denver area, we have no need for violence. Everyone is well to do here, even the poor. People choose to glorify crazy behavior. I have zero tolerance for shitty people (I used to dabble in it until someone slapped me straight-thank god).

Think of the process that leads to this... community and family decline. A 3 month old baby, and kids were hurt in the shooting... So a mother brought her 3 month old infant to a midnight movie full of intense violence? WTF? This is not a movie for kids. It's a twisted horror movie if you ask me. That's the kind of people in the community-kids, meth, guns. No wonder this guy is a product of pure shit values that lead to insanity. I feel so sad, but it's a bigger iceberg of shit under the surface. I'm worried for our culture in general.

People say "we never saw this coming". Bullshit, the signs are all around us. If you want to learn more about avoiding violence like this, rapists, gang violence, serial killers etc.., read The Gift of Fear by Gavin De Becker. The essential text on the psychology of violence. It changed my life. I might save your life, or a friend's.

http://www.amazon.com/Other-Survival...e+gift+of+fear

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    i hate too say it but that theater & the site even if they tear the building down will be haunted forever. even a 6 year old girl was killed, good luck getting people to work there

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    Such a tragedy....respect, love and condolences to the families involved.

My best guess is that modern society forces some people who are unable to find a role in it, into a corner.
    I agree.

Events like this have no significant consequences on the human population.

I would say that nature works through diversity. The more different we are as individuals the better the chances are for the survival of the human species. Unfortunately that means that some of us will be crazy/weak minded/etc.

By the way guys did you know this story about a women that had just been involved in another shooting and was also on the Aurora midnight screening:

"Immediately after a shooting last month in the food court of the Eaton Centre mall in Toronto, a young woman named Jessica Ghawi posted a blog entry. Three minutes before a gunman opened fire, she had been seated at the exact place he fired from.

This same woman was one of the fatalities at the midnight screening in Aurora. The circle of madness is closing."

Very sad. If you check her twitter she was so excited about go seeing the "Dark Knight Rises", and now she is gone.

You can read more about it in Roger Ebert's op-ed on the Aurora shootings for the NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/21/op...e.html?_r=2&hp

And her blog about the Eaton Centre mall in Toronto:

http://jessicaredfield.wordpress.com...nter-shooting/

Very sad...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast