Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Spínola View Post
    I agree.

Events like this have no significant consequences on the human population.

I would say that nature works through diversity. The more different we are as individuals the better the chances are for the survival of the human species. Unfortunately that means that some of us will be crazy/weak minded/etc.

By the way guys did you know this story about a women that had just been involved in another shooting and was also on the Aurora midnight screening:

"Immediately after a shooting last month in the food court of the Eaton Centre mall in Toronto, a young woman named Jessica Ghawi posted a blog entry. Three minutes before a gunman opened fire, she had been seated at the exact place he fired from.

This same woman was one of the fatalities at the midnight screening in Aurora. The circle of madness is closing."

Very sad. If you check her twitter she was so excited about go seeing the "Dark Knight Rises", and now she is gone.

You can read more about it in Roger Ebert's op-ed on the Aurora shootings for the NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/21/op...e.html?_r=2&hp

And her blog about the Eaton Centre mall in Toronto:

http://jessicaredfield.wordpress.com...nter-shooting/

Very sad...
    that's interesting. And I was referring to violence as a whole. This includes war, which is the main contributor, but also small acts such as this. It's just a little theory I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah Mendoza View Post
    And I was referring to violence as a whole. This includes war, which is the main contributor, but also small acts such as this.
    Yeah, sorry about that. I only realized that after hitting the post reply button.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Crazy isn't the variable here; it's human density. We've ALWAYS had crazy people. We've ALWAYS had people who decided to go on a rampage of one kind or another for one reason or another. What we didn't always have were so many people, so close together, with the tools to kill so many people at one time -- and 24-hour access to all of the information in the world whether you want it or not. We have a greater mass of people crammed into an increasingly small habitable volume. Some of those people are going to be psychotic killers. The difference between now and say, 1712, 1812, or 1912 is that back then psychos had fewer easily-accessible targets, less efficient tools to kill with, and no all-pervasive media to tell anyone about it when they did.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123