Array

School
    Grand Rapids Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Thanks for the necktie Eddie

I started bjj about 3 and a half months ago and today I tapped a purple belt...3 times! I outweigh him by probably 100 pounds but to me this was a huge accomplishment. He has strangled me so many ways in the last 3 months it's ridiculous. Today I had his number though. I caught him in armbar that I really had to fight for. Then, after watching mastering the system for the last couple weeks, I had him in side control with his arm trapped and realized I could get a Japanese necktie! I got the grip and he got up on his knees. I remembered the video where Eddie showed 3 variations on the necktie and I plowed into him knocking him back on his side. When my foot found his leg and grabbed it I couldn't believe it! I rolled onto my ear and he tapped. After that I took his back and he tapped before I really sunk in the rear naked.

Thanks for the videos man. Powerful Eddie Bravo!

Array

School
    Spartan Club Ireland
    Yeh man those neckties can be fast and tight I hadn't tapped to one in quite a while, then i went to 10th planet melbourne think it was josh out there has a savage necktie!! Wish i was back over there!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Haha! Congrats!

................btw 100 pounds is ALOT
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet jiu jitsu Orange park
    It is a great move and a go to from half top. Maybe a little faster and harder if I don't like the guy.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    ................btw 100 pounds is ALOT
    This. Glad you're havin fun, just keep perspective.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Getting neck tied by a dude that out weighed me a 100 lbs. would absolutely suck ass btw haha. All apart of training I suppose.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford,CT
    Funny story about the necktie that happened to me at grapplers quest today. As I established my clasp and locked my opponent into the necktie..his corner coach goes "Ha! His Jiu-Jitsu sucks look at that darce hes trying to do." Amazing move. I've been having a lot of success with it. Thank you so much.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by d.howleyCT View Post
    Funny story about the necktie that happened to me at grapplers quest today. As I established my clasp and locked my opponent into the necktie..his corner coach goes "Ha! His Jiu-Jitsu sucks look at that darce hes trying to do." Amazing move. I've been having a lot of success with it. Thank you so much.
    Hahah. That's awesome.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Quote Originally Posted by Art "ART OF WAR" Belarde View Post
    It is a great move and a go to from half top. Maybe a little faster and harder if I don't like the guy.
    +1 for hitting it from top half! Especially against 10th Planet guys who go for lockdown + doubleunders... gives you that opportunity to slap on the JN and they have to either release their lockdown and give up position or if they keep the lockdown they're trapping their leg for you and giving you the finish. I got tapped by that very setup so many times before Tyler finally helped me add it to my arsenal, and now it's one of my favs.