Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Array

School
    None
    If the young man in question had tossed a pipe bomb into the audience, which he could have easily made at home (and in fact, he did make explosives, so he probably knew how), would you say anything about gun control? If you trust only the police and government with guns, then that's cool, but I don't, and I'm personally happy you have no say in taking them away from the people. The bill of rights doesn't mention guns just because they're "cool," we have the right to hold them in case of the need to physically defend our liberties. For being a group of people that usually have a very healthy distrust of government, I'm surprised you'd all want firearms banned for civilians.

Array

School
    clockworkbjj nyc/10th planet.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    If the young man in question had tossed a pipe bomb into the audience, which he could have easily made at home (and in fact, he did make explosives, so he probably knew how), would you say anything about gun control? If you trust only the police and government with guns, then that's cool, but I don't, and I'm personally happy you have no say in taking them away from the people. The bill of rights doesn't mention guns just because they're "cool," we have the right to hold them in case of the need to physically defend our liberties. For being a group of people that usually have a very healthy distrust of government, I'm surprised you'd all want firearms banned for civilians.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

Array

School
    Dragon Academy/ 10th Planet Ronin
    Chicago, IL (USA) & San Pablo, Laguna (PH)
    My company was hired by a couple theatres as security, but I have been given report from my officers that they only check people's bags for weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony storm View Post
    The bill of rights doesn't mention guns just because they're "cool," we have the right to hold them in case of the need to physically defend our liberties. For being a group of people that usually have a very healthy distrust of government, I'm surprised you'd all want firearms banned for civilians.
    You have the most powerful army in the world by far, and yet you expect that your guns is what will keep your institutions in check and your liberties safe. How can you believe that your gun will allow you to physically defend your liberties?! Your government has a trained and organized armed forces, Assault Helicopters, drones, Fighter Jets, bombs, tanks, etc...

Again, if you have a gun they will only put you down faster.

Array

School
    just me for now
    I still would of tryed sneeking around theater tie him up from behind and triped him and then backmount that pussy and elbow the back on his head until he is out. I can't wait til I'm 21 I'll have a glock on me 24/7. Then we got retards saying more gun laws. Really what does that do? If you want to stop shit like this from happening you need let people conceal carry everywhere and stop the war on drugs. The main reason why illegal guns are so attainable is because of the illegal drug trade. Even thou this guy bought his gun legally doesn't mean anything look at the numbers most shootings involved illegal guns and almost everything that involves illegal gun involves the drug trade. We all need to vote for GARY JOHNSON!

Array

School
    just me for now
    The point of the second amendment is for us to defend ourselves against the government and yes guns alone we be insufficient against the U.S. army but if our rights were ever if such jeopardy don't you think that the majority of the military(young ordinary middle class people) would not rebel with us to defend of liberties.

Array

School
    Easton
    Russia doesn't allow guns. Also their government kills journalists.

In other news. Over 400 mass shootings in USA since 2005. Interactive map.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-epidemic.html

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by thekid View Post
    The point of the second amendment is for us to defend ourselves against the government and yes guns alone we be insufficient against the U.S. army but if our rights were ever if such jeopardy don't you think that the majority of the military(young ordinary middle class people) would not rebel with us to defend of liberties.
    I may be totally wrong but I think it could kinda be like a big Afghanistan. Look how big our country is. Look how many guns we have. Just the people on my street alone could form a small "militia". And I agree. I think a lot of the military personnel would potentially side with the civilians. We could not directly stand up to tanks and jets and gunships etc etc. But I do think it would turn into a war of attrition.

Those are just a few simple thoughts of mine. I am not a military expert.

Array

School
    No school as of yet. I have trained muay thai for 7 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    If the young man in question had tossed a pipe bomb into the audience, which he could have easily made at home (and in fact, he did make explosives, so he probably knew how), would you say anything about gun control?
    Correct but your argument could be used the other way aswell...We always here the "if everyone had a gun...these events wouldn't happen"...Oh really??? Like you said whats to stop an intelligent madman from just making an explosive device (if everyone had a gun) and using that to cause mass murder?? Nothing! And their goes that argument....Guns do not guarantee your safety from a lunatic

I know people hate to say this but in reality...If some determined lunatic wants to go on a killing rampage...he likely can and will succeed whether everyone has guns, or no-one has guns....If everyone has a gun he would just use a pipe bomb/explosive device (good luck with your guns saving you from that) or shoot up a middle school etc etc.

Hate to break it to you but human life is pretty disposable...

Array

School
    No school as of yet. I have trained muay thai for 7 years
    I'm against gun control because it is pointless and doesn't work but I could care less about the 2nd amendment or any of that Constitution talk...It was a document written by men in the 1770s...Whoopty Doo!!! It also had some other "less than popular" things in it that people love to forget.

I don't look to the past for anything...I look at issues based on the present time and if they are effective/work now. If their was evidence that stricter gun control disarmed criminals and caused a significant reduction in crime (well it does in some countries...but not America) than I would be all for it regardless of what some men said/wrote in the 1700s...

And no the Government is not coming after you...In fact it has no idea who you are and could care less...The "government is coming for me" crap is just stupid ego talking out of it's ass...

I still would of tryed sneeking around theater tie him up from behind and triped him and then backmount that pussy and elbow the back on his head until he is out.
    Lol sure you would have...The 80 people in the theater stampeded to safety but I'm SURE they are just all pussies compared to you...You would have been the hero for sure! The ultimate alpha badass who would have saved the day!

I think you've watched a little to much Rambo. You would have been sprinting to the nearest exit like the rest of them...let's be honest.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast