Newbie, and 10th Planet Haze....

Evening People...

I'm new here, and only found out about this flavour of JJ relatively recently, in quite an entertaining herb-based manner.

I've got a few years of Muay Thai experience, and I'm really just wanting to learn something new and add a bit of ground-game.

I'm just about to move back to the UK, and due to the nature of my job, I can pretty much pick and choose whereabouts I live (apart from London). After devouring everything I can find on the web about 10th planet I seem to be strangely hooked on it and I'm pretty keen to dedicate some serious time to it. So, does anyone have any recommendations about which is the "best" or longest-standing 10th planet gym in the UK??

I concede that I could probably find this out for myself on t'internet, but I'm being lazy at the moment (by "lazy", I mean higher than a giraffe's nutsack)

Cheerz

JB

You have two options, Grimsby and Birmingham. Grimsby has been around longer (i think) but I'm sure both schools are great. There s a great placve to look called the location section of the website. http://www.10thplanetjj.com/locations/

On a side note do u like to smoke? You seem like a dude who might be into that kind of stuff but i cant really tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    You have two options, Grimsby and Birmingham. Grimsby has been around longer (i think) but I'm sure both schools are great. There s a great placve to look called the location section of the website. http://www.10thplanetjj.com/locations/

On a side note do u like to smoke? You seem like a dude who might be into that kind of stuff but i cant really tell.
    Thanks Fella, I was just having a fumble around the site and found the location section, then I lost it again...)

And yes, yes I do. In fact my intro to tenth planet was from a spanish friend who breeds his own strains (in spain), and callled one "10th Planet Haze".. I asked if the 10p reference came from the Sumerian Texts, and he said "Hell No, its a badass BJJ spin-off created by a crazy mexican friend of Joe Rogan's"... I've been into other forms of MA for years, and due to my other hobbies have been a bit of a Joe Rogan fan for a while, so obviously I looked into the whole 10p thing, and really like what I saw.. Decided to get into it when I move back to the UK.. Because of my job I'm lucky enough to be able to throw some serious time at it.

I'll find those 2 gyms on the internet now, thanks again for that.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    What Cody said, Grimsby or Birmingham
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    What Cody said, Grimsby or Birmingham
    I think it's going to be Brimsby.. I'll give them a call tomorrow. My head office is in Bimingham, so that one would make more sense, I just dont particularly fancy living there again.. ( nothing to do with the small matter of the vicars daughter and the latex glove, the violin bow, and the bowl of cold pasta)**

By the way, you're the chap my friend referred to in my first post. Your "10th Planet Haze" is a cross between GHS Strawberry Haze, and Vanilla Kush... I have seeds!!!!!

** made up story, because I'm high and it made me giggle like a japanese schoolgirl.

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona/ Academy of Kings Top Team
    Welcome to the system brotha everyone's path is different. But if you have any questions feel free to ask, and i might add comming out to HQ in Burbank and take a class from Eddie so u get the Authentic session really dive in the system and dont get jammed up by the Gi Storm Troopers lol (reference to my Avatar). I just did it for the first time a week ago and it has already helped my game. The MTS's are very good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Nu'usolia View Post
    Welcome to the system brotha everyone's path is different. But if you have any questions feel free to ask, and i might add comming out to HQ in Burbank and take a class from Eddie so u get the Authentic session really dive in the system and dont get jammed up by the Gi Storm Troopers lol (reference to my Avatar). I just did it for the first time a week ago and it has already helped my game. The MTS's are very good too.
    Thanks fella, If I get on well with it after I've started and given it some time, it would definitely be my intention to do a few months time at HQ, I did that with Muay Thai and it worked prety well for me and was a lot of fun.. basically I've worked pretty hard for the past few years building a business where the staff can manage without me being there every day although I still monitor everything online, so now I'm making up for all the "living-time" that I've missed out on whilst building it. I was up for studying traditional BJJ (although a had a few reservations about it) until my stoner spanish friend put me on to 10P.