Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Perez View Post
    Blackzilians is also now in the mix with Braulio Estima and the rest of them
    Boy it sucks to be you! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    Or you could train at the Sweatbox with the OG's from Marcelo Garcia's academy and that crazy 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Fort Lauderdale HB
    they get cray when there do the whiskey and the marijuana

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    I'll say man, you have some great options. If I were you, I'd also cast a vote for going to check them all out, then deciding. Find what school has the best curriculum for you. Blackzilians I think is very much an MMA-centered school, but I could be wrong. Mario Sperry is their head coach now, and Braulio is the best.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Powers View Post
    I'll say man, you have some great options. If I were you, I'd also cast a vote for going to check them all out, then deciding. Find what school has the best curriculum for you. Blackzilians I think is very much an MMA-centered school, but I could be wrong. Mario Sperry is their head coach now, and Braulio is the best.
    I was told yesterday that they now train up in Delray beach, they were in Boca Raton.

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    So I just wanted to get some thoughts on this issue. Ive been training with Valente Brothers Jiu Jitsu out of Miami which is a very traditional Gi centered school(similar to the Gracie Academy). Excellent instruction but very little live sparring. Only 3 nights a week to be exact. And I can only make 1 of those sessions. Its great because Ive been able to heal nagging injuries Ive had for a long time. Anyway I went to American Top Team last night which is my old school and I got killed. LOL. I went against the 2 toughest guys in the room right off of the bat. Needless to say my gas was gone after the first match since I havent been sparring much. The next 4 matches I was basically just trying to survive. Now after that session I realized some truths. The first being that your cardio leaves pretty quickly if you dont keep up with it and the second being that if you dont spar live against trained killers you arent finding out if your technique really works on a regular basis. Now Im at a crossroads, do I stay where Im at and learn sound technique or go to another school and train live regularly and stay sharp against resisting opponents. Popovitch would be the school I would most likely choose if I was to leave. Any thoughts would help especially if youve been in the same boat.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Damn I thought for a second that the Valente bros were shutting down, that would be a damn shame. it's so hard to keep a martial arts school open you almost have to get money doing something else and run a school as a hobby. or go to colorado and teach jiujitsu in the front door and sell weed out the back.

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    Damn I thought for a second that the Valente bros were shutting down, that would be a damn shame. it's so hard to keep a martial arts school open you almost have to get money doing something else and run a school as a hobby. or go to colorado and teach jiujitsu in the front door and sell weed out the back.
    Nope theyre still around at Graciemiami.com

Technique is great, bit if you can't go and keep pace then how much fun is that?

You gotta roll!

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    It is none of my business and decline to comment. But If I did comment I would say something like this, your current gym offers 3 rolling sessions, you only attend 1. Doesn't sound like gym issue. The one you do attend, do you roll non stop or sit and take breaks between rolls. O COACH ZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! I am old and roll for one hour twice a week. This weekend I went to another gyms open mat and rolled non stop against killers for 2 straight hours no breaks. I do no other training outside BJJ. Proper technique can save you tons of energy thru efficiency.

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    It is none of my business and decline to comment. But If I did comment I would say something like this, your current gym offers 3 rolling sessions, you only attend 1. Doesn't sound like gym issue. The one you do attend, do you roll non stop or sit and take breaks between rolls. O COACH ZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! I am old and roll for one hour twice a week. This weekend I went to another gyms open mat and rolled non stop against killers for 2 straight hours no breaks. I do no other training outside BJJ. Proper technique can save you tons of energy thru efficiency.
    good point thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast