Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    John Frankl Jiu-Jitsu Competition Team

Questions about Lockdown.

Recently I've been applying Banana split and crotch reaper from Electric Chair on my opponents.
    And they've been telling me that it hurts a lot because of the lockdown.
    Can lockdown cause serious injury?

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    Well the lockdown has gotten my calf sore and it hurt like shit but that's about it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Only if they try to spin. My dad tore his miniscus (bucket tear) timing the spin wrong. Put him out for two years before he could get the surgery

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Only if they try to spin. My dad tore his miniscus (bucket tear) timing the spin wrong. Put him out for two years before he could get the surgery
    Ive had similar things happen with me. I was rolling with a friend and had him in lockdown.. and he just yanked/twisted wrong and ended up hurting his knee. Then had the same thing happen while going for a twister. There leg was trapped.. and they just started doing what I can only assume was the stanky leg to free their leg.. and ended up messing something up in their knee as well. But I dont think you can really blame the lockdown for someone elses bad decision making.. Sort of like ankle locks.. Theyre only dangerous (relatively speaking) if the person defending doesnt know what theyre doing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Yeah I guy I rolled with said his calf was sore from days when I held the lockdown on him...I think the lockdown is the shit IMO, because only with the lockdown, which is just a defensive position, to bide time, and sweep, can actually do damage the more you struggle..Its kinda like quicksand..I mean how cool is that, its a little thing yeah, but I find it really amazing.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Lockdown hurts when you're not used to it because it can feel a bit like a calf slicer. I'm used to it these days. But Sarkis' lockdown is always painful. No matter how accustomed I get.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Yes. The lockdown combined with the evil rainbow to get to ec can destroy a knee.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Yes. The lockdown combined with the evil rainbow to get to ec can destroy a knee.
    If a) you don't know better or b) you're just stubborn.

Watching competition footage from our 10th P brothers, it looks like a lot of guys just don't know to move WITH the evil rainbow....or suffer the consequences.

Array

School
    HQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLNlbSbadYg

What I use to pass Lockdowns. If the Lockdown is loose, I just elevate my trapped foot and turn.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    what you can do to make lockdown more effective is instead of wrapping your inner leg under the foot, bring it over the leg again and then hook it under the foot. then when you squeeze it can (not alwys but can) cut your shinbone into the bottum of the gastrocnemuis ( big bulgey bit of the calf just under the knee.) This doesnt work for everyone and im still trying to fiure it ou completly but i get taps from this quite often and the opponent only postures when u want to. when u have a good leg clinch it can be nasty. from here you can still do almost all of the lockdown moves and if the opponent breaks out its not hard to put him in normal lockdown. i think it also helps to have bigger feet but im not sure yet as to how important that is. apart from that gotta be careful with ur knee especially whe rolling with guys a lot bigger than you but it works amazingly well. people at the sweden seminar can back it up.

ill put up a video here asap if anyone is keen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast