Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Quote Originally Posted by John Sheridan View Post
    Actions speak louder then words, Chael was ready to step up and Jones peed on himself.
    You didn't answer my question though.

Do you really think Chael thought he would get the fight?
    Chael is not stupid, and him throwing his name into this only made the situation worse.

Imagine if Hendo got Injured, and then the fight with Machida was set up for later this month.
    Would anyone be throwing this much of a shit fit?

Chael flung shit at the situation when he knew Jones wouldn't take the fight with him.

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell C View Post
    You didn't answer my question though.

Do you really think Chael thought he would get the fight?
    Chael is not stupid, and him throwing his name into this only made the situation worse.

Imagine if Hendo got Injured, and then the fight with Machida was set up for later this month.
    Would anyone be throwing this much of a shit fit?

Chael flung shit at the situation when he knew Jones wouldn't take the fight with him.
    Erm no. Chael got a phone call from dana asking him to fight jon. He said yes and offered to fly to vegas that same day. He didnt fling shit at anything. He thought it was on, dana thought it was on, they even started doing promo stuff for jones sonnen and then dana got the call saying jones wouldnt fight.

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Carr View Post
    Erm no. Chael got a phone call from dana asking him to fight jon. He said yes and offered to fly to vegas that same day. He didnt fling shit at anything. He thought it was on, dana thought it was on, they even started doing promo stuff for jones sonnen and then dana got the call saying jones wouldnt fight.

Oh, well then Dana flung the shit. lol

Eck, Dana needs to get off of fucking Twitter, did he seriously think a twitter war between Jones and Chael warranted a grudge match?

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    Oh, well then Dana flung the shit. lol

Eck, Dana needs to get off of fucking Twitter, did he seriously think a twitter war between Jones and Chael warranted a grudge match?
    It was nothing to do with twitter or who warrented a shot. Dana said that in normal circumstances sonnen would have to beat 3 top guys to get a shot at jones. According to dana, he called multiple people asking them to jump in to save the card, they all turned it down due to it being on short notice. Even machida turned it down.

He called chael, he was the only guy to step up, and Jones wouldnt fight him.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood HQ

Thank you!

Array

School
    Gracie University
    It was nothing to do with twitter or who warrented a shot. Dana said that in normal circumstances sonnen would have to beat 3 top guys to get a shot at jones. According to dana, he called multiple people asking them to jump in to save the card, they all turned it down due to it being on short notice. Even machida turned it down.

He called chael, he was the only guy to step up, and Jones wouldnt fight him.
    He shouldn't of called Chael in the first place, if all the other guys at that weight turned the fight down, then asking Chael was just grasping at straws for a replacement.

The way it turned out now is how it should be, a little time for both fighters to acclimate, and the next in line for the title to get it.

Besides, so many people think that Machida could take Jones in a rematch, and now we get to see if that's true.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Well that sounds like Hendo's fault then, training injured making it worse.
    Not really. Fighters get injured. It's a partially torn MCL. Nothing would've saved it. Even if he rested it for the 2 weeks leading up to the fight. Ironic how badly you're defending Jones considering that you wanted him to lose.

Cheal is not even slightly like Hendo.

Hendo has strong wrestling, of course.
    But first and foremost he is a striker, and Chael is not.
    Chael fights completely differently than he does.

If Machida gets to drop out because of short notice, then Jones should be able to also without flak from people whom don't train and fight like he does.

You have no idea what it's like to be training so long for one specific fighter, and then be told they are dropping out.
    The fight has only been postponed by a few weeks, if Chael got to simply hop right in, Lyoto and hendo would both be set back in their title shots.
    How is that fair?
    WTF. Hendo is priimarily a striker? Nah, he's an olympic level wrestler. He just prefers to KO people these days.

And Machida can turn it down for short notice because he hasn't had a full fight camp. Jones has.

Because he wouldn't take a fight on 8 days notice?

Alrighty. lol
    No, actually, the one who was taking the fight on 8 days notice was Chael. Jones had a full fight camp. IDK what's so hard to understand about that. Peak physical shape vs. 8 days of preparation. Seems your Chael bias is stronger than your Jones dislike.

He shouldn't of called Chael in the first place, if all the other guys at that weight turned the fight down, then asking Chael was just grasping at straws for a replacement.
    And you would have too if you were trying to save millions of dollars.

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Ironic how badly you're defending Jones considering that you wanted him to lose.
    I'm not defending Jones per say, I just disagree with your reasons for being angry at him, and it seems more like a chance for people to be outraged over nothing.

He is a piece of shit for drunk driving, he's a moron for getting baited into a twitter war with Chael, and he is cocky for thinking he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    He's completely un-humble, and he needs to be humbled in defeat before he can change his tune.
    A true champion has faced loss and come back to avenge it and keep moving, he's still not there yet.

But...to blame him for this entire mess, is a little much.
    He didn't get Hendo hurt, and he didn't ask to fight Chael (aside from in some little stupid argument on twitter, and everyone knows twitter is serious business).

WTF. Hendo is priimarily a striker? Nah, he's an olympic level wrestler. He just prefers to KO people these days.
    That's like saying the Diaz brothers aren't strikers because they are amazing grapplers at the same time.

If Jones just stands and trades, so will Hendo, but chael is just looking for the takedown.
    Completely different fighters, all around.

No, actually, the one who was taking the fight on 8 days notice was Chael. Jones had a full fight camp. IDK what's so hard to understand about that. Peak physical shape vs. 8 days of preparation. Seems your Chael bias is stronger than your Jones dislike.
    Even if he just came out of a training camp, it was a camp to fight Hendo, not Chael.
    There is a difference, and if you really want to hinge on this supposed style match between Chael and Hendo, take two minutes to look at the guy's records and watch some fights of theirs.

Chael and Hendo fight two completely different games, and there is no reason Jones should have to agree to fight him on that short of notice.

Maybe if this weren't a title fight, but the fact of the matter is that it is a title fight, and there are 2 people in line for shots at it.
    Chael is not one of them.
    Circumstances aside, the only people whom seem to be majorly outraged are Chael fans, or Jones haters.

I'm pretty disappointing, but I'm not outraged.

I don't get in the cage to fight, so I have no grounds to really call out a fighter for ducking or anything like that.
    I've got no idea what it's like to train for that long for one specific fight, and then be told 8 days in advanced that my opponent is changing.

With this much on the line, who could blame Jones for backing out?

And you would have too if you were trying to save millions of dollars.
    That's a very valid point, and I can concede that.

But yeah, my only point is that it's kind of childish to call Jones a pussy, or that he "wet himself" over the prospect of fighting Chael.
    He fought every guy at 205 whom no one wants to fuck with, and beat them.
    I doubt he is scared of Chael Sonnen.

But sure, props to Chael for agreeing to take the fight.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    im not blaming jones for the cancelation of 151, hes responsable for himself. the ufc should have had a back up plan incase something happens. also dana white is money hungry and needed to put the blame on someone besides himself. if dana kept 151 on schedule all fighters would have gotten to fight and got paid. the number of ppv sales would have went down dramaticly due to no main event, also the card itself lacked any star quality so jones vs whoever was needed. the ufc wouldnt of made much money on this card without the main event but IT COULD have happened

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gates View Post
    im not blaming jones for the cancelation of 151, hes responsable for himself. the ufc should have had a back up plan incase something happens. also dana white is money hungry and needed to put the blame on someone besides himself. if dana kept 151 on schedule all fighters would have gotten to fight and got paid. the number of ppv sales would have went down dramaticly due to no main event, also the card itself lacked any star quality so jones vs whoever was needed. the ufc wouldnt of made much money on this card without the main event but IT COULD have happened

I'm not sure how hard it would have been to do on such short notice, but they should of just switched it to a free card, and if Chael was really that eager to fight, they could of gotten someone to fight him.
    I would of watched Chael VS whoever on a free card and sat through some adverts.

This certainly doesn't make ufc look like it's got the fans in mind.
    Dana always talks about exciting fights for the fans, but it really is just fights the fans will pay for.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast