Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)

Kid's Amateur MMA?

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...Em-Young-45235

Pretty good article.

Would you be ok with letting your kids participate?

Personally, I would be. There's minimal risk of concussion because they're not allowed to strike the head. I'm guessing the head gear is in place to protect the head during take downs?

The striking rules are no worse than kids TKD or kids kyokushin.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    concussion's would be the only issue, if they could prevent that then if i had kids i would, i would have done it when i was a kid certainly because fighting was just a part of life back then. school was a battle field & dudes used to get racked out ! all the time. thease days kids actually go to jail for fighting so unless they want everyone to be pussies kids do need an outlet.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I would be OK with it, if I was personally involved in my kids training and they were capable of taking hits/dishing them out. Teaching kids technique is only part of the equation: They would have to be conditioned for the other rigours that are inherent to the sport as well.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Would I allow say, K-5th grade? Nah, not really. Only reason being kids are very impresionable at that age, and a few bad parents would have tons of rough housing little brats running around school.
    Older than that? Why not!? They allow Wrestling, Hockey, Lacrosse, Football, and RUGBY in some schools. And I can say from experience, RUGBY is WAY more dangerous than MMA/sparring is.