Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    Awesome - thx for posting.

thank you. i love 10th Planet JJ

Wow that's the coolest thing I've read in a while.
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    Thanks great post!

Cause he's a superior athlete. He is now trying to make sense of his success.

Array

School
    Salem
    I'm going to try this in my workouts. See if I get more out of it. I can't wait!! Already put 2 hours+ into workouts, everyday other then sunday or when I feel off. Its going to be insane when I add training on top of that. Fuck it I'll work graveyard if I have to. I love combat 'sports' way to much, lol.

I don't think Marcelo Garcia was a superior athlete. A introspective and intuitive dude to be sure. But I don't see anything from his body type that stands out aside from his calves, lol. He says he just trains Jiu Jitsu though. Nothing else.. So one has to imagine the hours and hours he has put in. I was getting there in wrestling but I was cutting and staying at 112, lol. Not exactly ideal for physical attributes and growth.

I don't think Jiu Jitsu is the type of art were you will really have some freak of nature having a lot more success then everyone else. I mean yeah you'll have some monsters in the ADCC like Joao Assis or Popovitch but everyone gets beaten. Their success and losses come from one thing more then anything, and that is timing. Timing, timing, timing. Drill, drill, drill. Cut down that reaction time and get those transitions down and anyone can be a champion. Now some people will need to tweak some things. If your overweight you'll need to focus on cardio, if your small then you'll need weights. But its no different then boxing really. You wanna punch hard and fast? Then punch things with a instructor over your shoulder, lol.

Array

School
    10Th Planet Jiu Jitsu San Francisco
    Awesome article. The more you love something the more you will want to do it and get better at it.

If love was all that was needed them helio could've won the mundials at 90.

I have rolled with many black belt world champions and they are cut from a different athletic cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by DENNY PROKOPOS View Post
    Awesome article. The more you love something the more you will want to do it and get better at it.
    That's why you get better everytime you get out there. There's a reason Eddie picked you as his 1st bb. Your out there blazing the path for there rest of us and setting the standard for the next wave and showing all of us what it means to be a 10p black belt.
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast