Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder

New 10th planet moon assistance

What do you guys think is a fair mat fee or % to give the gym where you're moon is located?

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I think it would be circumstantial to if students are being charged separately for other offerings of the gym, or if students are able to join programs with the gym where 10thp is included in other offerings. Will they be bringing you students, or you/10p name bringing them more to their other programs?

Are you using the facility twice a week for 2 hours a class, or 8 hours a day six days a week? How large a facility is it, and what additional benefits other than a room with a mat in it does it offer? I think alot of these factors would determine overall, although I don't really know the costs of running a gym to get into specific analysis of what fare cost would be...

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    It depends on the gym and your needs I've seen between 300-500 a month for a class spot in Winnipeg. Doing it like that is better if you have lots of students.

Or else a % of what each student pays you per month, this is better if you have less people. But if you have too few students you might get the boot for someone who can pay more.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    All product ,situation, instructor and market based. If the average income is 15k a year it would be tough to charge $200 a month. But like Dan said it depends on the facility. I run a Crossfit, muay thai, and a small mma programs out of my gym so my martial arts students have access to more than just jiu jitsu they do it all if they so chose. Also Im sure Guys like Marcelo, Caio Terra, etc have earned the right to charge a premium. No set answer.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I can tell you that We we first started the gym before it was an affiliate we rented the space for $35 a class. Then eventually moved to a large stand alone facility. You also have to figure out business wise what your overall operating cost are with affiliation dues, expenses, and etc to figure out what you can swing or afford. Teaching is the easy part. Managing a business effectively is the hard part.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella