Thread: Help!!!

Array

School
    None

Help!!!

Alright, so I'm in a bit of a rut here... Starting off I'm in the u.s. army and I'm stationed in Vilseck, Germany. Which there are no 10th planet schools even close to here. Nor is there any traditional BJJ schools here. So life kinda sucks. I'v been doing nogi jiu jitsu for almost 3 years pretty religiously. I started studying Marcelo Garcia and thank God for youtube I started picking stuff up and then I heard about Eddie and 10th planet through this blue belt I always roll with. I have been studying 10th planet ever since and fell in love with it.
    In the past few years I became decent at rolling and picked it up pretty well and started teaching guys in my troop the 10th planet system as well.

Now I told you my life story here is my problem. I want to get belted through 10th planet but I'm stuck in Vilseck Germany for another 3 years and the closest 10th planet school is in Spain or Sweden. I want to get belted for comp purposes. Obviously you all take pride in BJJ and wouldn't pass out belts like candy. So what is the best way for me to get my white belt? Also when I go to comps would it be alright if I rocked 10th planet shorts or rash guard?

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    There are some peeps in Hamburg I believe that train 10th. I have no clue as to how far away from you that is tho. Start up a hotbox if thats possible for you.

http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...nd-regulations

I've been getting alot of requests and questions about 10th Planet hotboxes so with the help of Brandon Woolsey I put together rules and regulations for running a hotbox, here they go.......

1. All hotboxes must be approved by me

2. The leader of the hotbox must be an active pro member of this site.

3. The leader of the hotbox will not make any money or profit from the hotbox in any way shape or form.

4. The leader of the hotbox must be sponsored by a 10th Planet Affiliate instructor. Example, Brandon Woolsey will be under the guidance of Coach Herzog, and the Essex Hotbox will be under Sean Bollinger.

5. The leader of the hotbox must meet with his sponsored instructor at least once per calender year.

6. The leader of a Hotbox must have at least 5 competition matches on video where you can see a 10th Planet Logo on shorts or shirt before establishing a hotbox.

7. A Hotbox must not be within 30 miles of an existing official 10th Planet moon.

8. The Leader of a Hotbox may not rank others, only affiliate instructors can rank their students. However, with the Hotbox leaders recommendation the sponsor instructor may evaluate and rank the student.

9. Hotboxes do not own exclusive rights to their city, if a qualified 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu instructor moves to the same area he has the ability to open a certified affiliate. The focus is what’s best for the system as a whole.

10. Hotboxes must state clearly on their websites, facebook pages, etc. that all 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu classes are FREE!

(rules subject to change at anytime)

Thank you very much for the dedication to the system!

you don't needed to get your white belt m8, you are a white belt, i take it you meant Blue?

Array

School
    None
    Hey Brandon, thanks for the info. Yeah I'd love to start a hotbox but it would be hard to meet up with a sponsored instructor. Hamburg is about 7 hours north of were I'm at. I would travel there on weekends but with the army I gotta put in passes to go outside of 250 kilometers from the base. Another 3 years though and I'll be out this mug and will be back in the states. Anyway, thanks for the help. I might just have to wait a few years to actually get to train with the 10th planet guys.

Array

School
    None
    Hey Robster, So when you start BJJ you automatically start as a white belt? I thought you had to earn your white belt just like every other belt. I'm kinda new to how the belts work, I'v only competed in macp tournaments and all they have is weight classes. Thank you much on the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew.Boulanger View Post
    Hey Robster, So when you start BJJ you automatically start as a white belt? I thought you had to earn your white belt just like every other belt. I'm kinda new to how the belts work, I'v only competed in macp tournaments and all they have is weight classes. Thank you much on the info.
    yes your a white belt when you start, its only the stripes you earn at white belt in bjj, so wear your white belt with pride! lol