Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My man Chael

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Heard about it today. April 27 MY BIRTHDAY. WooHoo.

http://www.ufc.com/news/Jones-Sonnen...ril-Fight-Date

Array

School
    Stallion Gym / Arte Suave Stuttgart
    fuck yeah

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I'm more interested in the fight than the show. I used to be a TUF fan, but now it's just not interesting. Jones should be fighting a legit contender, not Chael. Even still, I"m sure the hype build up will lead to a great PPV buy rate, and we'll see an exciting fight.

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Ridiculous. Unbelievable. So now we are going to have a new bread of d-bag in the MMA scene. Now I am going to have to hear idiots tell me how there going to be so dominate and than when they lose they'll try and level with me on how good that guy was that beat him. I already can't stand the average MMA dummy, now Chael is going to be a mentor to people. Dammit.
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Array

School
    10PJJ Ronin/ Victory MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Valdez View Post
    Ridiculous. Unbelievable. So now we are going to have a new bread of d-bag in the MMA scene. Now I am going to have to hear idiots tell me how there going to be so dominate and than when they lose they'll try and level with me on how good that guy was that beat him. I already can't stand the average MMA dummy, now Chael is going to be a mentor to people. Dammit.
    Sad but true

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Valdez View Post
    I know what you mean, but fights in UFC are often not the matchups we feel they should be as true fans (you know based on fighters records). Do I think he earned this fight? Nope. Will I be laughing my ass off all season, I think so.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    My personal opinion, I think Chael is going to be a great coach. And thats coming from a person who used to hate the guy. Yes, he runs his mouth a lot (Which Ive come to love), but hes also a VERY intelligent guy. He plays the part well because when it all comes down to it, its a business.. And lets face it.. hes not a champion and hes found a way to bring more fans to a fight than most. And ultimately, that means more money for him. But take that persona aside, and hes got the mind of a fighter for sure. Taking a fight with Jones on 8 days notice, coming up from a smaller weight class.. how can you not respect a guy willing to do that? Then add his wrestling background, and you can be sure hes going to push the guys on the team. And have some pretty sound advice in the area.

Jones on the other hand may be a better fighter in many peoples opinion, but that doesnt necessarily translate into a better coach. Its hard to teach someone to use their reach and utilize spinning back elbows. Yes its a great style for him, but not necessarily something he can offer to the team. (not saying he doesnt have other qualities that will be of use). I just think if I had to pick 1 of them to be my coach.. Id have to go with Chael.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I think Chael is hilarious, I think Jones is fake. I don't think Chael deserves the fight nor do I think he will win the fight, but the build up is worth it to me!
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Jones needs to quit dodging JDS!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast