Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Can anyone give a short list of the success of 10th planet in MMA?

Array

School
    BlueStarr Grappling, TPJJ Ronin
    The Man himself spoke the truth and the truth is goooood!

Array

School
    BJJ India (Professor Rodrigo Teixeira BJJ)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    Dude Go To Youtube, Watch Aoki, BJ Penn, Korean Zombie, (Lucas Pimenta vs. Jeff Rexroad), and there are lot more fights in which you can see 10PJJ Awesomness, We can have a entire thread on 10PJJ In MMA Fights Videos.

I think it's important to train in both gi and no gi. Gi gives you great fundamentals and you're very aware of chokes from every little position. So when you go to no gi you have great defense. It's funny when you see a guy who only had done no gi come in to gi. Both are very important in their own ways... You can't predict who might attack you, and if its a guy in shorts and Tshirt you should be able to adjust your grips accordingly. The same can be said with someone with a jacket and pants.

I honestly think its a much easier transition from gi to no gi than vise versa. As for the 10P system I can't say too much as I've never trained it but it seems Taylor Made for MMA

Which is a good thing I mean. If I were in MMA I'd most likely go under the 10P system, and I'm surprised more MMA/UFC fighters don't.. But it is still young.

Array

School
    10th Planet Soldotna
    "We all got love for this ground game, and that's all that matters."

POWERFUL

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie bravo View Post
    the 10th planet system includes any and every legit no-gi technique that we can find, no matter what style they came from, bjj, sambo, wrestling, catch etc. Many of these techniques are forbidden or not taught in traditional bjj schools like the rubber guard, twister, lockdown half, and even the deep hook transitions to spider web are not taught the way they are taught by 10p instructors.

10p is on a quest to provide it's soldiers with every legit no-gi technique possible, especially mma jiu jitsu techniques. If we are not teaching a certain legit no-gi technique it's only because we haven't gotten to it yet, it has nothing to do with close mindedness. Most traditional bjj schools are not on the same quest. Some are, but for sure many are not. If a bjj school is not teaching the lockdown half, the rubber guard and twisters then they are not providing their students with all the legit no-gi techniques they can find.

As far as tournaments go, gracie nationals and gracie worlds are the two most prestigious submission only tournaments in the world. 10p swarmed both of them and we are the current team champions of both of them. 10p also dominates sub league, a submission only event in the pacific northwest. Also 10th planet san francisco's adam sachnoff just won the adcc trials finals match with rubber guard, now what?
    word!

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    I still think 10th planet is BJJ!!!

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    Off the top of my head: Aoki has hit basic path from rubber guard numerous times, Korean Zombie credited Eddie Bravo for his twister, Dean Lister hit a textbook London (when it was in the system) to triangle, Alan Belcher was able to use the truck to control and dishearten Toquino (almost had a twister and a calf crank), that one japanese guy who hit the ninja choke from rubber guard, as a matter of fact, Japanese guys seem to have an affinity for RG as I've seen a few highlights with Japanese orgs having a good deal of RG, and this isn't even listing all the ammy events where young guys are using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    I still think 10th planet is BJJ!!!
    No one is saying it's not. It's not 10th planet shotokan. We ARE jiu jitsu. We're simply a different approach to jiu jitsu. A mutation that surviving nature's threats. An evolution. But I agree with Dean Lister's position on it. It's all jiu jitsu. The gentle art. We're all just expressing it differently.

And on a side note, I've enjoyed everyone's posts in this thread. Reading about everyone's passion for 10th planet is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hickman View Post
    I also hear people use the ole "And how many world champions does 10thPlanet have...? Yeah, exactly." I usually reply, "Well, FUCKER, Mr. Goddamn know it all, BJJ has been around WAY longer than the 10thPlanet system. 10P is still very young. Give it time, and you will see how many world champions 10P will produce.......BITCH." Then, they just shut up. :P
    the statement should be how many no gi submission only tournament champions do you guys have?..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast