Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Salem

Knees are jacked.

Was working out for months. Was getting into great shape but I bit off more then I can chew doing jump rope and my ankles and knees are pretty messed up. Its been a month and its getting better but I'm still worried. I need my knees and mobility! Been an emotional roller coaster this whole time.

They both have been snapping into place more then I can remember and the pain has mostly gone away. More of a twingy pain or ache when I wake up then anything else now. Was pain and stinging pain on the inside and outside of my knees and ankles at first.

My left seems to be doing better but when I extend and stretch my right leg the knee cap goes up and then drifts slightly to the right. I'm not sure if I'm just tripping and it always did that and I'm just freaked out or I need to have it checked out and possibly take drastic measures. Any advice would appreciated! Can't tell you how stupid and silly I feel. Wanted to see if I could do something and I did it but not feeling so macho now.

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    My left knee is starting to mess with me. It pops a lot, but not out of place or anything. It feels extremely tired, like the same feeling when you've burned out your arms and legs when rolling. Not sure what it is.

Array

School
    Salem
    I'm sorry to hear that, dude. With how flexible you look its a shame that your knees are still giving you trouble. I wish you the best of luck my friend.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    I'd def schedule a chekcup with the doctor, see if they recommend an MRI....better safe and get treatment sooner than later...

I agree with Herb Chao
    Get an MRI, an xray is worthless. They may make you get an xray before they can order an MRI if you have an HMO with a primary care physician like I do. Don't ask me why, but if they send you to an orthopedic guy, make sure that they have a sports background. I'm currently scheduling my second ortho appointment with a practice that specializes in sports related injuries.

Orthokine/Regenokine

Have you looked into this at all? Its some sort of blood spinning technique that supposedly does something that stops the athritis (degeneration of cartilage) that is a major cause of knee pain from heavy impact? Theres a place in Santa Monica on Wilshire that does it but the shots are $9k/each

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaine Stevens View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that, dude. With how flexible you look its a shame that your knees are still giving you trouble. I wish you the best of luck my friend.
    Thanks, man. Hope it all works out for you also.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Do you drink energy drinks?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    Do you drink energy drinks?
    I don't know who you're asking, but I don't. I used to about 2.5 years ago.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hickman View Post
    I don't know who you're asking, but I don't. I used to about 2.5 years ago.
    Blaine or whoever. Stimulant drinks seem to cause weird issues with blood circulation to the legs. Was drinking em years ago and started having major knee issue I thought for no reason til I stopped drinkin em. If you go stimulant free for a while then drink em again you can feel the difference and start getting weird pops and stuff. Even caffeine by it self messes with my blood circulation sometimes making my legs less flexible.

Lower back problems can also cause issues in the legs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast