Array

School
    Toronto No Gi

The ever expending jiu jitsu library.

Since getting into jiu jitsu, I been collecting grappling books for months now and pretty much read most of most of them in some detail. From what I seeing right now, I have 20 plus books and more is coming. All them includes, gi, nogi or catch wrestling. One reason why I'm posting this is that there are people who are new in jiu jitsu and want to buy books on it but are to lazy to read x amount of reviews on amazon, here is a list of books that I would buy if I starting in jiu jitsu. This excludes 3 of Eddie's books (4 if you include the advance rubber guard if comes out one day!) because I would assume you have already bought it since you're reading the nibiru forum.

1.) Saulo Ribeiro's Jiu-Jitsu Universety. - Pretty much the hallmark of jiu jitsu books. The structure of the book is one of the key things that makes this book really special. Each chapter is based on the rank of the jiu jitsu system ie: white is survive skills and escapes while brown is guard passing. The other thing great are the warning sections on where you might be doing the technique wrong.

2.) Marcelo Garcia's The X-Guard - A good complementary book to Eddie's book. Like the title, focus on Marcelo's x-guard. But why I putting this book on the list is that sections that focus on butterfly guard, sweeps submission where I though Eddie's rubber guard book lacked.

3.) The Grappler's Manifesto - Strictly one of the best book if not the best book for mma grappling.

4.) Jean Jacques Machado's Grappler's Handbook 1 and 2 - Love Vol.2, the only jiu jitsu book that focus only on defensive part of the ground game. The only thing that sucks is that its all gi. You have to make it work for nogi.

These are the five books beside eddie that I would buy if money is tight. If you guys want any reviews on any jiu-jitsu books, just hit me up and I see what I can do.

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    Helio Gracie's book is good if you want to learn the standing self defense portion of gjj