Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Hamilton View Post
    Just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong. Just most of the guys I see winning train primarily gi at a competition level. Not saying there hasn't been that have done nothing but no gi, just from what I see. And I think gi and no gi are both important to train in. If some attacks you on the beach or wearing shorts and tshirts and you've only done gi chances are you might be fucked.
    Thats because the talent pool of Gi competitors is HUGE compaired to the pool of no-gi competitors.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Thats because the talent pool of Gi competitors is HUGE compaired to the pool of no-gi competitors.
    exactly, how many guys have trained their whole lives no gi? there are very few. in the next 10-20 years i think we are gonna see a huge shift in those statistics

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Look at Mark Kerr, never touched a gi, won three ADCC titles, against guys who trained their whole lives in the Gi. It is a moot argument. Plenty of guys have done it. Jeff Monson tore shit up in No-Gi comp and he barely wore Gi.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    exactly, how many guys have trained their whole lives no gi? there are very few. in the next 10-20 years i think we are gonna see a huge shift in those statistics
    How many guys train strictly no gi now? Even a lot of 10th planet guys are still putting on the gi
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    How many guys train strictly no gi now? Even a lot of 10th planet guys are still putting on the gi
    Isn't the 10P in Sweden 10P gi? Haha

Anyone know a ballpark of 10P students?

Maybe 400-600?

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    There is alot of very talented Luta Livre guys in Brazil that have been training No Gi there whole life, but because of the Gracies success in bringing Jiu Jitsu to the U.S, Luta Livre has had a hard time getting here.

Now that No Gi is gaining popularity, you will start to see more Luta Livre finding its way to the U.S.

In Brazil they usually run separate tournaments, however at this Jiu Jitsu No Gi tournament, they invited Luta Livre guys and the Jiu Jitsu guys got smashed. http://www.rionalmeida.com/gi-vs-no-gi/

Array

School
    10th planet Melbourne/ GVJJ
    This is fucking HI-larious!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Make sleeves optional, that would fix it Attachment 1683

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Almeida View Post
    There is alot of very talented Luta Livre guys in Brazil that have been training No Gi there whole life, but because of the Gracies success in bringing Jiu Jitsu to the U.S, Luta Livre has had a hard time getting here.

Now that No Gi is gaining popularity, you will start to see more Luta Livre finding its way to the U.S.

In Brazil they usually run separate tournaments, however at this Jiu Jitsu No Gi tournament, they invited Luta Livre guys and the Jiu Jitsu guys got smashed. http://www.rionalmeida.com/gi-vs-no-gi/
    That would be cool to see. I completely forgot about the luta livre guys
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123