Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Roux View Post
    Flying kung fu, if you are quick.
    I was thinking the same. His hand would have to be on the mat. Or, why not double overs, replace guard, trans to rubber guard? Posture is down and hand is on the mat already, right?

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    I still think there is a 100% there somewhere!!!

Array

School
    Philly hotbox/SJU JJ
    pull a switch like you would with any hugging side to side pass ie passing the butterfly by stuffing and squeezing both legs. if he breaks it open and is able to squeeze your hips together hugs and passes to your right, reach your left arm all the way to the other side (his left) and hammer your elbow down behind his shoulder and reach your hand down and hook his left leg. you can use that to get to you back elbow or hand and a knee and come out on top

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    It's obviously a best-case scenario to never have anyone lock their hands in that position, but it can happen. Assuming he gets hands locked, I thought Frank described the situation very well. It's basically pushing their head down and shrimping away to make space. In that position one thing I like to try to do is escape my bottom leg from his grasp and quickly sit-up, hopefully being able to roll over into a Marceloesque crucifix position. Basically turning his grip on your top leg into a crucifix the same way you would a single-leg. Anyway, yea, best to not let them connect their hands.

Array

School
    Trident MMA
    Thanks for all the input! I actually worked on Frank's input "placing the hand on the neck and shrimping out" tonight. I ran into a snag with it though. As I pushed on the back of the neck and started shrimping, my opponent held the lock under my buttocks as he moved to side control and I lost that battle. Now, this was my first attempt at this and I'm sure more reps will bring improvement. Are there any minor details that will help me be more successful?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12