Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    Yes they are monkeys with half a brain ... If you have learned nothing from the system ... its that we are from the 10th planet ... mere earth jiu jitsu is no match for our fully evolved Niburu species ...
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    10th planet is only useful to drug addicts and prostitutes. but apparently the south african gjj school doesn't realize that there HQ in torrance is cool with 10th planet the gracie bro's and Renzo on the east coast. so why go behind your generals and top brass's back and start some shit ? " petty ass muthafuckers "

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    what will they say when we complete our takeover?

Array

School
    Imaginary 10th Planet Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie McIntyre View Post
    This is the reason I left GB...years of hating on EVERYONE (gi and no gi) that were not in our association, being told our way was the best, NEVER training no gi, being pulled aside for mentioning a 10th Planet technique during class, being told I can't attend seminars etc....GB is a cult!!! I just wish I hadn't wasted so many years but better late than never!!!
    I disagree.

Im at GB and its one of the best family/team environments Ive ever been involved with sports-wise.

Im often trying 10th Pl. techniques and have never been told not to do it because its not in the system, apart from some individuals ignorance over techniques (see lockdown question thread).
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu wise, GB is probably the highest standard in Australia.

If I ever got told I couldn't goto a seminar or try a technique because they dont like it, I would tell them well and truly to go and get fucked and pul my membership that day.

Array

School
    Sbardella MMA/Black Tie BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    I almost spit water all over the screen when i saw the picture of Cube. Lmao

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Sbardella View Post
    I almost spit water all over the screen when i saw the picture of Cube. Lmao
    Thats Xzibit... Not Ice Cube lol...

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    10th planet is only useful to drug addicts and prostitutes. but apparently the south african gjj school doesn't realize that there HQ in torrance is cool with 10th planet the gracie bro's and Renzo on the east coast. so why go behind your generals and top brass's back and start some shit ? " petty ass muthafuckers "
    +1

Array

School
    Sbardella MMA/Black Tie BJJ
    Waaaaayyyyy to many rips....

This is in response to the above post for clarification. I received a message on my Facebook page today regarding this post asking me why I am smack talking 10th Planet, which was when I was made aware of this. First and foremost as the owner of Gracie JJ Durban let me apologise for any misunderstanding, and give me the opportunity to explain.

1. This was not a bulk email, we at Gracie JJ do not send out bulk emails. It was in fact a Blackberry Messenger Group message. We have a group where we keep students up to date on training times and important information.

2. Regrettably this message was taken out of contexts as is generally the case as only a part of the message was posted and not the full conversation.

3. It was a past student of our school who made this comment to another student in our BBM chat group. He was referring to incorrect Rubber guard technique as the student was a white belt and trying to teach advanced Rubber guard techniques to other students when he had no previous teaching experience or any knowledge of the correct technique in 10th planet. This resulted in an argument on the Group chat between these two students.

4. The student that made the statement about the “monkey with half a brain” was actually referring to Rubber Guard being performed incorrectly. Meaning that a technique being performed incorrectly can be easily defended by anyone. By no means was this comment made to be a reflection on the 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu system.

5. How this message came to be on the forum we are not sure, but can only guess that it was the student who left and who has a gripe against us as we refused for him to attend any further classes due to him teaching in his own capacity and not being qualified to do so.

6. We are big fans of 10th Planet system in fact I have all the DVD’s and books and remain open minded that Jiu Jitsu is constantly evolving and welcome innovation and progress.

7. We are well aware that in this business you come across a fair amount of idiots, sometimes this is unavoidable and we try to steer clear of them as best as possible. That is why it was very important to me to post this, even though it is 8 months later, as I was not aware of this on the forum.

As the owner of Gracie JJ, I am not in the business of getting involved in smack talk. I run a business and don’t have time to bring down other schools and other styles of Jiu Jitsu. We can all learn from each other. I don’t believe that there are better styles or forms of Jiu Jitsu, I just believe in Jiu Jitsu. Whatever style or form you are practicing, it is all good.

If anyone wants to discuss this with me further, you are welcome to do so on my email address as was posted in the forum.

Delon Dannhauser

Someone quick! Tell ADCC Gold Medalist Vinny Mag he's wasting his time!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Gracie JJ Durban

To all our members: trying to learn techniques randomly is not going to improve ur overall game. And i stress, passionately, Rubber guard or twister is NOT the solution and will Not win you a fight, any monkey with half a brain can defend that, you need to learn the fundamentals and do the basics well to survive a fight, and understand these and use these prinipals including timming, reflex, leverage, energy efficiency and correct distance management, try not to chase after and accumulte random techniques, learn to build ur own game with a structured system that we teach and grow with a strong base. And remember to keep it playful when training :-) no one cares if you get tapped out, not even your family cares.. Looking forward to classes this evening!

(an actual mass email from Gracie JJ Durban South Africa)
    This is in response to the above post for clarification. I received a message on my Facebook page today regarding this post asking me why I am smack talking 10th Planet, which was when I was made aware of this. First and foremost as the owner of Gracie JJ Durban let me apologise for any misunderstanding, and give me the opportunity to explain.

1. This was not a bulk email, we at Gracie JJ do not send out bulk emails. It was in fact a Blackberry Messenger Group message. We have a group where we keep students up to date on training times and important information.
    2. Regrettably this message was taken out of contexts as is generally the case as only a part of the message was posted and not the full conversation.
    3. It was a past student of our school who made this comment to another student in our BBM chat group. He was referring to incorrect Rubber guard technique as the student was a white belt and trying to teach advanced Rubber guard techniques to other students when he had no previous teaching experience or any knowledge of the correct technique in 10th planet. This resulted in an argument on the Group chat between these two students.
    4. The student that made the statement about the “monkey with half a brain” was actually referring to Rubber Guard being performed incorrectly. Meaning that a technique being performed incorrectly can be easily defended by anyone. By no means was this comment made to be a reflection on the 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu system.
    5. How this message came to be on the forum we are not sure, but can only guess that it was the student who left and who has a gripe against us as we refused for him to attend any further classes due to him teaching in his own capacity and not being qualified to do so.
    6. We are big fans of 10th Planet system in fact I have all the DVD’s and books and remain open minded that Jiu Jitsu is constantly evolving and welcome innovation and progress.
    7. We are well aware that in this business you come across a fair amount of idiots, sometimes this is unavoidable and we try to steer clear of them as best as possible. That is why it was very important to me to post this, even though it is 8 months later, as I was not aware of this on the forum.

As the owner of Gracie JJ, I am not in the business of getting involved in smack talk. I run a business and don’t have time to bring down other schools and other styles of Jiu Jitsu. We can all learn from each other. I don’t believe that there are better styles or forms of Jiu Jitsu, I just believe in Jiu Jitsu. Whatever style or form you are practicing, it is all good.

If anyone wants to discuss this with me further, you are welcome to do so on my email address as was posted in the forum.

Delon Dannhauser

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234