Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

Cora's Coach vs Rubber Guard dude

Found this vid of Cora's Coach (Travis Tooke) on youtube and he was going against someone who tried the Rubber Guard on him. Anyone know the other guy? Maybe he's one of the 10thplanetier??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL7Wg6niANo

Don't recognize the guy, but he isn't repping any 10th planet gear. I wonder who would have won that match if it were sub only.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    His game doesn’t look like someone who studies the system, a lot of guys grab the leg with that other hand like that, but that isn’t how Eddie teaches it (I’ve messed with it, it doesn’t work as well for me). Not that he isn’t good; it just doesn’t look like he trains 10th planet. Not all who grab their foot are 10th planet

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Debes View Post
    His game doesn’t look like someone who studies the system, a lot of guys grab the leg with that other hand like that, but that isn’t how Eddie teaches it (I’ve messed with it, it doesn’t work as well for me). Not that he isn’t good; it just doesn’t look like he trains 10th planet. Not all who grab their foot are 10th planet
    Are you saying you hold your foot in rubber guard?

Array

School
    Brian: my thoughts exactly, but I didn't want him to find me and choke me out if he happen to be one of the 10thplanetier... he tried the first rubber guard without doing the zombie, that is why coach travis can easily posture back out. Then he tried it again and didn't hug his leg and coach travis jump and spin out. He didn't go for the crack head to control right away. I'm assuming he's a black belt, but the way he put that rubber guard on, it looks kind of sloppy even in my uneducated eyes.

Array

School
    Sub only?? Coach Travis will win because the dude is a BJJ machine. But to me his best attribute is the way he teaches the kids, he has a way of getting through to the kids. Some guys can be masters in this game and are monsters on the mats, but he can't transfer all his knowledge to the new generations like Travis can.