Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ptsd

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB

Ptsd

I posted this to fb as well, have a ? For my fam dealing with the same things. I have noticed an increase in PTSD related things since my knee surgery as well.
    Any of my PTSD folks ever have issues when they get allergies? When I get stuffy I am on the edge of panic attack. Happened last night and it sucked. Not the first time, curious to see if this is a trigger for anyone else. Also, I've noticed that hairspray and similar things will also trigger an attack for me.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    aRE YOu asking that if we feel like certain things are getting more of a physical/mental reaction from us then before after suffering a major injury? If so after I sprained/pulled my MCL last year I've noticed my achilles heels in both legs have become more sensitive, and as a whole I'm mentally more aware of potential injury threats then before.....not sure if that's what u're asking...

Array

School
    No lol, I'm askin the peeps with PTSD if any allergy or breathing issues brings on panic attacks or PTSD related episodes.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    I noticed when driving, when people don't make complete stops, I feel like they are going to run the light and it causes a panic attack in me. Usually they stop just fine and sometimes I feel like everyone is gonna hit me, driving really brings it out.

Array

School
    Grosse Pointe - New Edge MMA
    if you have PTSD and your airways becomes compromised its a normal response to start to panic. I have a bad deviated septum and sometimes it gets very hard to breathe, yes I sometimes start to panic but I am able to stop myself before it gets to a full attack. Nose spray works wonders for me, I know I need the surgery to get it fixed but in the mean time I just use nose spray. So yes, its normal to panic if your airway becomes blocked, with or without PTSD..... I am not sure if that answers your question.. lots of things make the nose block, allergies, pollution, and even sex.... I find that I get congested after sex.. and I learned I'm not the only one.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    I noticed when driving, when people don't make complete stops, I feel like they are going to run the light and it causes a panic attack in me. Usually they stop just fine and sometimes I feel like everyone is gonna hit me, driving really brings it out.
    Mos def man driving is not fun in any way and brings it out big time. Every other vehicle on the road is a threat to me, it feels.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    lol ha ha, man I grew up in a war zone, shots being fired on the regular, bitch ass dudes pulling guns after they get there ass kicked. one dude pulled a gun on me and my friends after we ragdolled him and his crew when they started some shit with us.
    parties getting shot up. a bullet wizzed by my friends head so close he felt the wind. seeing shoot outs on the reg so much that they didn't even effect us, the shit was just normal. but now, " fire crackers " & " cars Backfiring " bug me the fuck out ! & loud noises in general. not bothered by music though " music is a stress reliever "

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    I dont have ptsd but I do have a ridiculously high sensitivity to chemicals in foods that mess with me bad during allergy season. Mainly partially hydrogenated soybean oil causes asthma symptoms if Ive been eating a lot of it, and shallower breathing with smaller amounts. During allergy season if I have something with partially hydrogenated soybean oil in it I will have super itchy eyes, non stop runny nose, and sneezing the next day every time. Also grew up with anxiety issues that calmed down when I quit eating and drinking things with high fructose corn syrup in them. Wish I new this stuff in high school when I was ingesting it everyday and started having asthma problems. Couldnt understand at the time why I was working out just as much but seeing no results in cardio.

Studies were done that linked just hearing the sound of asthmatic type wheezing can bring on asthmatic symptoms. When I started meditating and doing martial arts, before I had read up on real healthy eating, I noticed my ability to keep my head a little clearer helped me control the anxiety just a little longer to hold back the feeling of constrained breathing a little longer.

I definitely know the feeling of anxiety helping to cause breathing issues as well as breathing issues causing anxiety. Just thought I would share in case any stuffs might help.

Anxiety, asthma, and allergies are a evil trinity of cuntyness. I have to read the labels of everything.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    i used to get panic attacks when i was a teenager, not sure if its better the same or worse than ptsd but what i found helped was mentally working through it. some of the thinsg were totally irrational and i just had to ask myself how likelyit was to happen, and somethings i just had to work on my breathing and mentally just force the problem out. u might wanna go to the doctor and find out if its something actually physical and if not when it happens next just tell urself its in ur head so u can control it.

btw how good are you when someone is choking you in practice? do u control your breathing and methodically work through it until you get out? its kind of the same thing, ur airway is getting blocked when someone chokes you and you can work it out there.

hope it helps. meditation helped me a lot aswell

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Dude I think you have anxiety brother.
    I used to get it real bad and I would just get up if its at night and watch TV that seemed to work getting my mind off it and then slowly fall asleep.

Hope it helps, I might be off but it sounds like it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast