Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Jiu Jitsu Strength and Conditioning

Damn it feels good to be back on the forums (:
    Okay so I took a little time away from training to get some strength and conditioning training in for a couple months, being that was a weak part in my game. Im training now again hardcore and I now realize how important strength is and it was definitely a huge missing piece of mine. So, enough babbling and to get the the point..

Does anyone and any strength and conditioning workouts they enjoy for jiu jitsu particularly? such as weighted shrimps, guard sit ups, ect.
    Just interested in seeing what works for you guys as well and hoping i can add a few new little excercises to my workouts (:

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    i know alot of people do kettlebells and crossfit, i dont do anything except run, jiu jitsu and kickboxing, i probably should start some strength training

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Crossfit is my suggestion. I make the whole comp team do it. I cant express the benefits. Welcome back minitron.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

i do gymnastica natural and just started doing kettlebells this week battle ropes are brutal and i surf alot for cardio what you squatting these days mini tron

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    Hey, You got to make your way down to Atown one night maybe with the philly guys or something, we are just gettin 10th
    Planet Allentown going.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Good to see ya back!
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Passini View Post
    Crossfit is my suggestion. I make the whole comp team do it. I cant express the benefits. Welcome back minitron.
    Josh is right. Crossfit is the way to go. You wouldn't think a short workout would have any effect but it has made a huge difference in my strength and endurance. The workouts are simple and can be scaled down to your ability as well.

chris miah

Id suggest focusing on getting stronger, power lifting routines such as 5/3/1 etc. Addressing work capacity so a conditioning element, prowlers, battle ropes, kettle bells etc. Also include mobility work and flexibility work and area I neglected at the start.

K Madden

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    Good to see ya back!
    you too Mike! I havent seen you posting in a long time! I miss BOTH of you guys!
    Gabby- I echo the guys who say crossfit.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast