Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonrivello View Post
    Soo.. Call off the mob?
    Too late... I already called the God Father...

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Nathan, I understand. I wasn't calling for any actions to be taken. I was merely calling a spade a spade.

And no, I don't want guys like this spreading the system, or worse profiting from it. He hasn't paid his dues. And while legally there is nothing to be done(which nobody would even waste time on anyway), I can however dawg the shit out of him every time he comes up. I feel obligated to let people know my opinion of him and people like him. An opinion I believe to be accurate.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    The problem isn't that he wants to spread the system; we all want that.

But his interest isn't in spreading the system. It's in spreading himself.

Another problem: he SUCKS. He can't even do it right against a non-resisting opponent when he KNOWS HE IS BEING FILMED. What we are seeing on that video is his best repetition. That's bad news for him, and even worse news for his students.

If he was a BJJ Black or Brown Belt demonstrating and selling this product, I don't think anyone would have issue. We'd welcome him with open arms because it would be one more legit practitioner on board with the system.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    well said fellas!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Does anyone else find the irony in

Train Fight Win?
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Rick Youngs Black Belt Academy
    Surely he's not actually making money off of these?! People can't actually be buying this crap, can they?!

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    TFW is WTF backwards...

Array

School
    Formerly 10P Spokane
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Nathan, I understand. I wasn't calling for any actions to be taken. I was merely calling a spade a spade.

And no, I don't want guys like this spreading the system, or worse profiting from it. He hasn't paid his dues. And while legally there is nothing to be done(which nobody would even waste time on anyway), I can however dawg the shit out of him every time he comes up. I feel obligated to let people know my opinion of him and people like him. An opinion I believe to be accurate.
    No problem, man. Bash the guy all you want, he deserves it. Just do it for the right reasons (he's teaching poor form). I really just had to get a word in here because I have an urge to play the devil's advocate when I see the perpetual balance out of shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    I would rather see Eddie get all the money for his ideas, not some fat kid who is doing it wrong take money out of his pocket and food of his kids table, fuck this kids rights to use Eddie's content is what I am saying. If you want to make money off the system, TRAIN IN IT, start an affiliate and your a proud business owner.
    I agree with you, but you gotta understand that this kid isn't taking any money out of Eddie's pocket. In fact, he's indirectly making Eddie money. Ever heard the saying "any publicity is good publicity"? It's good economics, brother. Just browsing his videos on youtube, it looks like in almost every single video with a 10PJJ technique, Eddie is mentioned in the comments, by the kid himself and others. Here are some examples:

"Eddie is also king of rubber guard. His flexibility and leg dexterity are un-human, and he can grab rubber guard from damn near anywhere."

"Eddie Bravo teaches this best, as it is his system. Youtube eddie bravo rubber guard parts 1-3 for full detail on all rubber guard positions. Good luck and thanks for posting."

"Eddie is definitely the master at this."

"Way to send the respect to Eddy for this effective technique!!!"

"That's putting a name on it, which is Eddies style, and his name, and full of many original moves."

"eddie bravo twister..the eddieBravo move.. credit 10thPlanet..cool eddie is a genius and he took move and made it popular and introduced the jj world to a move others hadn't utilized. but its not like every time someone does a triangle they credit the gracie's. the credit is just known. CALM DOWN he is posting a video to instruc. whether eddie is famous for it or some guy sitting on a cloud made it himself. this guy is showing it. no1 thinks HE invented it."

"Eddie Bravo Twister, very nice"

"Eddie Bravo over here haha nice"

"You kidding me? Eddie's music is the shit! I only wish he made more :P"

"I have consistently mentioned the influence that Eddie Bravo and the 10PJJ system has played on JJ. However Eddie didn't invent the Twister-- not even close! He utilized it in JJ, but certainly didn't invent it. Why don't people who teach the kimura mention that name, or any others? It's not a shot against them- just doesn't come up. I personally think that Eddie has produced a new limb- not a new tree, of jiu-jitsu."

He uses Eddie's music quite a bit as well. He claims he has permission. I don't know if that's true or not, but in either case, it's getting out there.

So should he actually get to a moon and learn the real deal if he wants to spread it around? Absolutely. But is he hurting 10P or Eddie in any way whatsoever? No way.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    I think the fact that he is trying to sell it is a little sleezy but its still just jiu jitsu. He isnt trying to rip the name so i guess its really not a legal issue.

Array

School
    EpLegends Martial Arts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Ehrnreiter View Post
    TFW is WTF backwards...
    LMAO TFW is What Fuck The...... :P but I like where you were going with it :P

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast