Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    We been working hard in adding new elements to Cora's game. One in particular is the jailbreak out of side control. She's picking this up very fast. However, what we notice is that the jailbreak is good when the person is not in Kesa gatame. But when they dropped their hip to the floor and do a kesa gatme, no more jail break. What do you guys recommend if this happen? Is there a MTS for the other option? Thanks in advance...Bruce

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Bruce, one option is to turn to them and get the five-0 grip around the arm that is not hugging your head. Once secured, curl the feet to your butt, then bridge to your back and to the opposite direction of them. Now you got them in side control.

Array

School
    Hey Rick, thanks for the advice buddy. We'll work on that. Anyways, here are a couple of recent videos I've made to see what Cora's new game will look like. OF course as you know its only been a week since we injected this new stuff into her game. Still have to work on the little details. But as you can see, its coming along..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxl_UbSrMzQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGNNfWFfLpQ

Can someone show me how to post videos so I don't just put the link up? Thanks Bruce

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    Hey Rick, thanks for the advice buddy. We'll work on that. Anyways, here are a couple of recent videos I've made to see what Cora's new game will look like. OF course as you know its only been a week since we injected this new stuff into her game. Still have to work on the little details. But as you can see, its coming along..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxl_UbSrMzQ
    Hey Bruce, I can't see the vid you posted. I'm using my iPhone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGNNfWFfLpQ

Can someone show me how to post videos so I don't just put the link up? Thanks Bruce
    BTW, if you look at the icons to the top right of each post you write, you'll see the filmstrip icon, which is the second from the right. Post your YouTube link there and it'll be shown in your message.
    Thanks,
    Rick

Array

School
    Testing

Array

School

LOL yes it work... thank you Buddy. See I'm always open to learning something new everyday.

Array

School
    cool you got it..
    okay first video, Cora can bring the big boy down to the floor by putting her hands on his hips, and stepping on the back of his knees... During the fall, take the neck. I did like boy's standing "ronda rnc escape."

Second video, well I wish I knew jits that good, regardless of age.

Array

School
    at 50 seconds of this vid, taking the back. jake shields showed us this in 2008.

Array

School
    Hey thanks Rick. That big boy is the only one left in the gym that Cora can't submit. Well she submitted him only 2 times since she started and that came from a quick armbar. Those quick armbar isn't good to do with your training partner as it will hurt them. So I told Cora not to do that quick armbar anymore and go for the slow pulling armbar. But when she does the slow pulling armbar, he's too big and strong for that and crush her. The only way to beat a stronger and bigger person is to use speed, but that speed will hurt him. As for now, no matter what I taught her, it just doesn't work on him as he is too big (107 lbs) while Cora is only (64lbs). The rest of the kids, Cora is running clinic on them. She does it so much that they are faking injuries just to get out of her submission attempts so that they don't look bad in front of their parents. And some are so stubborn to tap out that they force Cora to put more pressure, thus hurting them before they tap out. Anyone having the same issues??

also the parents start saying some of the things Cora do "looks illegal". Just the other day she mounted this kid and was going for a mounted triangle then she turn it into a gogoplata instead. The kid was defending it best he could, so Cora grab his free arm and turn it into a mounted/belly down special K as she lift his head up and put her leg underneath his head. Even I didn't even know that was possible from the mounted position, but she pulled it off. I was left jaw dropped thinking..."WTF was that???"

Array

School
    here is clip I made from last night sparring session to show yall what Cora's new game looks like, still trying to polish it up.

THis sparring session takes place after class. Both kids were so pumped from getting promoted to Orange Belt, they ask each other to get into the ring...LOL

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast