Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts - 10th Planet Peterborough/Troop BJJ

15 Second Ankle Lock :)

Pulled off my quickest submission to date at a tournament yesterday. After close to 20 minutes of Gi fights, I was happy to slip on a rashie and get some nogi going. Started off my division with a swift ankle lock. Grabbed another quick one in my second fight and went 3-1 in nogi but lost to the eventual division winner. Hope you like the vid, lemme know what you think.

Array

School
    BJJ India (Professor Rodrigo Teixeira BJJ)
    Tht was slick... Awesome Job Bro... Way to Go..

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Good Stuff Man!

Array

School
    Legacy Jiu Jitsu
    Nice!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    That was quick, good job! Just one tip, stay on your side when you go for the ankle lock, Herzog will have your head if he see's you going to your back lol.

Array

School
    You're right, thanks for the tip man. I usually like finishing that best on my side or belly down because of Herzog's 'don't let 1993 happen again' rule (pretty sure that's the quote :P). I actually just had 4 gi fights and was just looking to get some fights out of the way quick so I saw it as soon as I propped down and went for it. Just because I had it in deep and knew I had it, I started to arch and cranked to finish, preparing to use my outside leg to kick him down if he even attempted to prop up. I should've turned over on my side or rolled to my belly. I'm just terrified of getting dq-ed for knee reaping if my leg slips over or something in the roll to my side or belly, which I've seen happen plenty of times before, as pretty much all the tournaments up here follow ibjjf rules and straight ankle locks are the only leg attacks we can do til brown belt and reaping is strictly prohibited.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    U make a good point. In our gym we always reap the knee since he doesn't want us going to our side. In tournaments I haven't attacked with it but I'm sure the rule set not allowing me to reap would mess with me. That rule makes no sense.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Nice work!

Just a heads up, reaping the knee has NOTHING to do with being on your side, it has to do with foot placement. You can be on your side in the clamp position without reaping the knee
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Thank you Mr.Herzog, its awesome to get props from you especially! I know being on my side and the placement of my foot are two different things, I just found in training my natural reaction as I turn on my side was to slide my foot across the hip to reap. I know I've got to put in a few thousand more reps to get better in the clamp position before my next tournament if I want to continue to pull off these ankle locks

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    great attitude, keep putting that work in!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast