Array

School
    Orkney MMA

renzo gracie academy

hey can any of you guys tell me which academy john danaher, ricardo almeida, edger, and rezo himself train/teach?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Welcome to the Renzo Gracie Affiliation website
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Welcome to the Renzo Gracie Affiliation website
    Legit lol

Array

School
    Orkney MMA
    hahaha i dont mean any disrespect, just curious. Im thinking about going to new york sometime

Array

School
    formerly RABJJ. Now, my basement.
    Renzo in in Manhattan I think. Ricardo teaches in Hamilton NJ. I trained there for a few years. Tough guys, and I know Ricardo Almeida respects Eddie's techniques. I caught two gogos, from rubber guard with him watching, and he was giving me advice on my technique. Great teacher too, just like Eddie, although a bit more traditional. lol

Array

School
    Orkney MMA
    thanks friend. im stuck on what one to go to, what one do you recomend?

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Smith View Post
    hahaha i dont mean any disrespect, just curious. Im thinking about going to new york sometime
    If going to NY, Marcelo's is a must surely? :-)

Array

School
    formerly RABJJ. Now, my basement.
    I'm with Sam. in NY city you have the best of both.

Array

School
    Orkney MMA
    @sam im panning 2 trips the first is to marcelos then then renzos

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    And the crazy thing is, Renzo is on 30th between 7th and 8th Ave and Marcelo is on 26th between 7th and 8th Ave. They are literally minutes away from each other. I love Renzo. He's one of my all time favorite Gracies. And although I've only met him for seconds at a time on a couple of occasions, he seems like a super nice person. However...

The Marcelo Garcia Academy is in a magical time right now that may not last forever. Marcelo teaches 2 classes a day and rolls with anybody who asks during each of those classes. He's constantly coming up with new stuff. He's still considered one of the best in the world. He's already produced 2 world champions, Henrique (Black Belt) and Jonathan Satava (Purple Belt) and there may be more to come. It's like when you look at an old Renzo academy picture and see Renzo all sweaty on the mat, and next to him are blue belts Matt Serra, and Ricardo Almeda, and Ryan Gracie is rolling in the background. OK, I've never seen that exact photo, but you get my point. We are only 3 years into Marcelo being in NYC and it's a magical time right now. I don't know if it will last forever. But while its here, I welcome everyone to take advantage of it.

I posted this video here previously. It's my favorite video that I've shot at the (old) academy. It's 30 minutes after class and there's Marcelo sitting on a mat that is covered in sweat still going over techniques with his students. It's like a free private class.

And sorry for hijacking the thread. Nothing against Renzo. I even enrolled my 7 year old daughter at Renzo's for several months last summer.

4eb56f40c8be11e19b0622000a1e8a4f_7.jpg