Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    All in days work. What tournament was that? SF Open?

Glad this is getting rightful praise here

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    I think this was at the Houston Open as he was just here....

This was at the SF open

He won at the Houston open a couple weeks ago also

Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    I think this was at the Houston Open as he was just here....
    This was the Houston open match.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha/ SIMS Martial Arts
    What a BEAST!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    The almost back take from the failed arm bar from the guard was nothing short of sorcery, plus all that guard passing was super sweet on the eyes. From these 2 matches it seems that he likes to go to spider web off the back. Not too many GI guys I'll sit thru, but I'll watch anything by Rafa that's for sure :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    From these 2 matches it seems that he likes to go to spider web off the back. Not too many GI guys I'll sit thru, but I'll watch anything by Rafa that's for sure :-)
    ya he often likes to lock the shoulder and go for the arm. he appears to prefer keeping a kimura grip while going for the arm rather than a deep hook while holding the leg. i'm pretty sure he does, however, cross his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    The almost back take from the failed arm bar from the guard was nothing short of sorcery, plus all that guard passing was super sweet on the eyes. From these 2 matches it seems that he likes to go to spider web off the back. Not too many GI guys I'll sit thru, but I'll watch anything by Rafa that's for sure :-)
    Yeah Eddie. Some insight into his philosophy on that if you were curious, if not just ingore:

Rafa believes from the over-unders/seatbelt (no-gi or gi) that whatever side you land on should dictate whether you attack the RNC or the armbar. If you're on the over-arm side, you go for your RNCs/collar chokes. If you're on your under side you go for armbars and wristlocks.

Rafa is a ninja at pulling armbars from the back. He does that shit all the time both no-gi and gi. I'd say after his roll-thru anaconda choke from top half guard the armbar from the back is probably his most common finish in no-gi.

Glad you liked the matches

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    ya he often likes to lock the shoulder and go for the arm. he appears to prefer keeping a kimura grip while going for the arm rather than a deep hook while holding the leg. i'm pretty sure he does, however, cross his feet.
    This is very true. The only thing I will say is that he doesn't actually prefer to cross the feet or not. he doesn't really care. he keeps his knees pinching no matter what. If both of his feet are behind the far arm (the one that isn't being arm barred) he is fine with crossing the feet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast