Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Troubleshooting taking the back and skydiving

What's up brothas!! Gonna see Coach Herzog at his seminar in Springville at the end of the month but I thought I'd post this question to the forum in case anyone has run into the same issues. Whenever I take someone's back or skydive from the mount my feet get smashed underneath my opponent. Almost popped my ankle last week with a tiny opponent when he upa'd while I was skydiving. What am I doing wrong? My rubber guard flexibility is still a work in progress and I LOVED the top game attacks Eddie showed on the new DVD. However if I can't establish a good skydive getting head and arm control is just begging my opponent to sweep me. Rarely put hooks in when taking the back for the same reason. Worried I'm gonna get my foot twisted under heavy opponents.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    when in skydive are your feet crossed under him or behind his butt????

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I start with them crossed behind his butt, under his hamstrings but you bring up a great point. My feet might be slipping under his butt when he bridges. Gonna check that out a little closer tomorrow when we roll in class. Thanks Scott!