Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Not being smart, but with you hitting all those aminos with the creatine pre workout, I'm surprised your heart hasn't exploded. I'm real rusty on all my amino chain stuff, but the stuff your doing is for atp purposes right, with help to not break down muscle during workout? I'm sure you get the rush as soon as you drink it, or shortly thereafter you get the tingle. With weightlifters, especially bodybuilders, that concoction might be great. I am old, and the last time i messed with a pre workout "energy" supplement, I thought my heart was going to explode. I leave a lot of that stuff for the younger guys whose hearts haven't worked nearly as long. I think supplements are ok in general, I personally pound protein supplements, just to keep me walking upright.

I'd suggest talking to your doctor about that supplement concoction for two reasons, one you could have an allergic or other reaction to the aminos or the level/dose your taking and two, some supplements will shine a light on medical issues you are having. I would think that getting a check up is not a bad idea in general. Maybe you need to half the dose. You could be working your heart too hard with the supplements.

Good luck to ya, hope everything works out. By the way, thanks for posting those vids of when you rolled in brasil. It really helped me in several ways.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I was taking a pre-workout drink for a while called Super_Freak from the Pharma-Freak line, but I stopped because it sent my heart right to the edge of palpitations when I lifted weights. Now I take protein recovery drinks only and use Oatmeal (and sometimes creatine) as a pre-workout load.

I find it provides me with all the pepper I need to get through the workouts.

You get it checked out yet bro?

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    palpitations can be a number of things....sounds like you were having pvc's which are harmless but scary (though obviously it could be a number of things)

beta alanine can trigger them. As can anxiety. Anxiety can also raise BP in a real hurry and trigger a cascade of feelings.

I take a magnesium supplement before bed and it gets rid of the palpitations

Of course get it checked by the doc to be sure, but try not to panic and send yourself into orbit

In now way shape or form am i supporting the FDA here but a lot of these supplements are not approved by the FDA meaning there really isn't a lot regulating what they are putting into a supplement (im fine with that btw). What that does mean is that we as consumers need to really research and understand what we are putting into our bodies before we do as it might be unhealthy and borderline dangerous. Too many people just assume what they pick up off the shelf is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    a lot of these supplements are not approved by the FDA meaning there really isn't a lot regulating what they are putting into a supplement (im fine with that btw).....Too many people just assume what they pick up off the shelf is safe.
    Thank you for stating this. I was gonna add it into my already getting too long post and thought F- it and deleted it. Some of these companies ought to be criminally tried. Some of this stuff is just modern day snake oil.

Array

School
    Gracie Humaita Winnipeg
    Quote Originally Posted by ern View Post
    Thank you for stating this. I was gonna add it into my already getting too long post and thought F- it and deleted it. Some of these companies ought to be criminally tried. Some of this stuff is just modern day snake oil.
    And some is straight up crack.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    agreed that some companies are snakes...but FDA approval doesn't mean much most of the time either

Quote Originally Posted by miketubbs View Post
    agreed that some companies are snakes...but FDA approval doesn't mean much most of the time either
    Agreed I don't have much faith in an organization that approves shots that cause autism.

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    Last September I was flown from one hospital to another as they said I was having a severe heart attack. At the time I was lifting weights 5-6 times a week and taking NIOX (plus some other junk). After about $80k in medical fees, I was now having heart palpitations for the first time in my life. I had them every day from September 15th until early February. (Could be a side effect from the heart cath.) Sucks.

Recently I have been starting to feel noticeably better, but I can tell that I am not 100% in the chest/heart area. I have seen several cardiologists, but they can't agree on ANYTHING, (whether I had a heart attack or not, or whether it was Pericarditis, what caused it, or how to avoid it happening again)...though one of them blamed it on cannabis. (-_-)

It's frustrating.

(BTW, I am 32.)

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I have been so good lately and then I posted in this thread and went and worked out and had palpitations today for the first time in a while. I did an intense leg workout, then at the end I decided to finish off with some wide grip pull ups.
    Got throught one set, then I finished my second set and my heart was doing it.

I started to walk to the front desk in case I hit the dirt, so they would know to call an ambulance, but by the time I walked there (50 yards) my heart returned to its normal pattern. Kind of depressing after all the work I've been doing to get in shape, but I abused my body for a lot of years, so....

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast